Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:59:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Oscars 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Oscars 2017  (Read 2810 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 09:53:19 am »

I really like the Oscars this year.  That ending was a bumpy ride, obviously, but otherwise, it was good all around.  I can only think of one or two things that ran longer than they should or that didn't feel like it added to the show.  Good host, in Kimmel, most of the gags were good, and the speeches weren't brutal.  Well done, except for announcing the wrong movie and whatnot.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 09:56:32 am »

I don't watch any of these awards shows and I find your take very interesting. The headlines I saw this morning make the show sound as if it was a marathon length event that was difficult to get through. Maybe that person is like me and could not care less but is stuck with having to write about it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 05:34:49 pm »

I saw Hacksaw ridge,and the Arrival this past weekend. I liked them both.I agree with Tenshot,in that I don't think the Arrival was best picture good.

The arrival I got it,and understood it but struggled to explain it to a couple of other people that were watching it with me.I googled how to explain in and Found a Neil Degrasse Tyson video,that was linked to it...I have to show it to my "wife" and Mom.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:48 pm »

I think that I liked Hacksaw Ridge less than everyone.  That movie is so heavy handed.  It does some good things, but it hits you over the head with its themes and the characters are so one-dimentional.  I just think that I don't really like a lot of Gibson's style as a director.  He lacks any kind of subtlety when it comes to setting up his characters.

Some of the depictions of the war stuff was really cool, though.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray