Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:14:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Report: Dolphins will cut Branden Albert
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Report: Dolphins will cut Branden Albert  (Read 5093 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: February 16, 2017, 12:18:01 pm »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/report-dolphins-will-cut-branden-albert/

Not shocking as Tunsil is his replacement.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:21:54 pm »

Albert was a good player, not bad by any means. This is just a business decision. That extra cap room can go to much more needed places like....umm, everywhere else.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 12:47:46 pm »

Not too disappointed by this, at this junction.  Since Miami could probably only count on him for 75% of the games at best, he becomes very expensive.  Hopefully now that Tunsil has gained a year of experience there won't be much of a drop off; and Miami should be able to pickup a replacement guard at a much cheaper price tag than Albert's salary.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 03:38:58 pm »

On the one hand, the Fins OL was so bad for so long that I hate to see them let a good player walk.  But, like everyone else has already said, with his price tag and injury history, letting him go is probably the right thing to do.  The OL made great strides last year but I don't think anyone would rate them as excellent.  I'm just scared to death of the OL regressing. 
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 05:17:07 pm »

It looks like they are trying to trade him,he wasn't cut today...A bit of a misstep

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 05:57:32 pm »

It looks like they are trying to trade him,he wasn't cut today...A bit of a misstep

He's still a very formidable left tackle and teams that need offensive line help will pay a pretty penny for him.  He could be even be used to trade up in the draft and get a high pick

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 07:52:36 pm »

Huh I'd think his starting L tackle days are probably over,and K.C. didn't exactly find him too valuable when they tried to trade him prior to the 2013 season.(He signed with us as a free agent in the following ear) 3 more injury plagued season later,he's more of a flyer.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 05:16:59 am »

Huh I'd think his starting L tackle days are probably over,and K.C. didn't exactly find him too valuable when they tried to trade him prior to the 2013 season.(He signed with us as a free agent in the following ear) 3 more injury plagued season later,he's more of a flyer.

KC tried to trade him for cap purposes and to get something for him instead of losing him for nothing. It wasn't about his play it was a financial decision plus they took Fisher #1 overall that same year and had a rookie tackle on a rookie contract.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 05:39:30 am »

As I complained profusely last year, Albert looked slow and fat, particularly late in the season. He could still have some solid years left in the tank if he gets in shape.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 06:57:56 am »

^that's not good especially when you're 32 Cheesy

K.C franchise tagged Albert in 2013...

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 09:08:55 am »

He could be even be used to trade up in the draft and get a high pick

No can't. The Dolphins have to dump a bunch more to get a high draft pick.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 04:08:25 pm »

As I complained profusely last year, Albert looked slow and fat, particularly late in the season. He could still have some solid years left in the tank if he gets in shape.

He broke his wrist and couldn't do much in conditioning, but on the field he was fine. Albert when healthy is still a top end LT. The knee injury hurt him a few years back and the broken wrist this past year also slowed him down. He wasn't fat or out of shape though that is a lie.
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 09:41:26 pm »

I am happy if they decide to get rid of him. It be nice to trade him for some draft picks. Even if u get like 3rd n 4th, or maybe even 2nd, who knows, I hope they go for it. Mainly, they need some cap space and theyre paying him alot of dough and hes hurt alot, esp when u got Tunsil.
And I hope Miami goes with defense with their first 2 picks of the draft! We need to stop the run first before we can get a good pass rusher, unless he can play all 3 downs and help in the running game. But DEF go for MLB and DE/CB/S
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 09:49:49 pm »

I would be very happy if they got additional picks, they dont have to move up unless they can swap picks wit the other team and get an extra 3rd round pick for ex. Rookies are good, cuz you don't have to pay them too much.

Im glad Mario Williams is gone, and I hope B.Albert is traded for some picks. Also, I dunno whats the situation wit B.Maxwell but I think he's wayyy overpaid! Thats another player that should be gone soon, if not this year than next, Unless he plays much better.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 09:51:01 am »

I am happy if they decide to get rid of him. It be nice to trade him for some draft picks. Even if u get like 3rd n 4th, or maybe even 2nd, who knows, I hope they go for it. Mainly, they need some cap space and theyre paying him alot of dough and hes hurt alot, esp when u got Tunsil.
And I hope Miami goes with defense with their first 2 picks of the draft! We need to stop the run first before we can get a good pass rusher, unless he can play all 3 downs and help in the running game. But DEF go for MLB and DE/CB/S

With his contract they will be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him. Either a conditional 7th or a player who also has a bad contract
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray