Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:11:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Report: Dolphins will cut Branden Albert
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Report: Dolphins will cut Branden Albert  (Read 5096 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 09:26:54 pm »

Tough to say the overall line play was poor when we had THREE 200+ yard rushing games by Ajayi and after the starting Qb went down the line was still good enough to make this a playoff team with a back-up QB at the helm. Jay Ajayi had 4.9 YPC for the season!#Fact!  Saying the o-line was poor last year is just a lie.
Hahaha ... he had a good average because he had three monster games. Two of them were back to back with the unicorns playing. Otherwise he was lucky to get 50 or 60 yards a game. 9 games with 61 yards or less with one of the best backs in the league and 2 more in the 70s. Oh yes ... our O-line was steller!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »

Hahaha ... he had a good average because he had three monster games. Two of them were back to back with the unicorns playing. Otherwise he was lucky to get 50 or 60 yards a game. 9 games with 61 yards or less with one of the best backs in the league and 2 more in the 70s. Oh yes ... our O-line was steller!!

Three monster games can override the other 12 games he played. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure! OK, whatever. Miami was 9th in the league in rushing offense overall (with Pouncey not playing much of at all and Albert missing many games and playing others with a broken wrist, but the o-line sucks...LAUGHABLE)

So games with the healthy o-line shouldn't count then with your cute little "unicorns" line?  Your logic is all over the friggin map.

Go be a hater somewhere else with this drivel. Guy had 1200 yards and 8 touchdowns and he didn't even play week 1 but you are bashing him and the o-line play.  Fins as a team ranked 9th in rushing offense and they missed 2 key starters most of the year, but the o-line sucks? Give me a break. You either don't know what your talking about or going out of your way to be negative. Either way you come off looking idiotic.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 09:10:29 am »

Guy had 1200 yards and 8 touchdowns and he didn't even play week 1 but you are bashing him
And this is exactly why you will never understand what I am saying. It appears you have a reading comprehension problem my good sir.

9 games with 61 yards or less  with one of the best backs in the league and 2 more in the 70s. Oh yes ... our O-line was steller!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »

Jay Ajayi is a nice back, he is far from one of the best backs in the league. Please.

His success came because of high quality o-line play all year! Some games were worse than others, sure. It's like that for most backs. But his success came from high quality o-line play.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2017, 04:24:38 pm »

Without debating the analytics, I'll just say PFF ranked the Dolphins offensive line at 30th for last season after giving them a pre-season ranking of 19th. That is far from high quality.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season/

Ajayi's good games came from hard running and yards after contact.

And a second source, Football Outsiders ranked them 22nd.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:26:10 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 04:46:21 pm »

Jay Ajayi is a nice back, he is far from one of the best backs in the league. Please.

His success came because of high quality o-line play all year! Some games were worse than others, sure. It's like that for most backs. But his success came from high quality o-line play.
Dude, you're crazy.  Last year, he was one of the best running backs in the league.  There is a reason he had the most yards after contact, because he's a beast, and not because the oline was good....he was running hard in spite of the oline.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2017, 09:22:53 pm »

Dude, you're crazy.  Last year, he was one of the best running backs in the league.  There is a reason he had the most yards after contact, because he's a beast, and not because the oline was good....he was running hard in spite of the oline.

In my book Ajayi wasn't a Top 3 all around back last year, probably wasn't Top 5 either (Johnson, Bell, Elliott, McCoy, Howard.) If that is one of the best then our definition of "one of the best" is greatly different.

I'm not knocking Ajayi, he is a nice player. But his success was mostly in part a product of great o-line play let's not fool ourselves.

And when it comes to Football Outsiders (or PFF or whoever), please. They ranked Dak Prescott as a better QB last year than  Aaron Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor as a Top 10 QB (ranked 9th), and Brock Osweiler better than Eli Manning and Cam Newton.........so unless you want to defend those rankings and stats, throw the o-line rankings out the window.  You cannot take sites like that seriously when it comes to rankings when they have rankings like that they are backing up. Line your birdcage with that stuff. They are "alternative facts" to say the least!

Miami's O-line was Top 5 when healthy and when they lost Pouncey and Albert for stretches was still a Top 10 o-line. Those rankings are useless unles you want to tell me Tyrod Taylor is a Top 10 NFL QB and Brock Osweiler was better than Eli and Cam last year.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 09:06:38 am »

Pot meet kettle  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray