Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:24:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Report: Dolphins will cut Branden Albert
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Report: Dolphins will cut Branden Albert  (Read 4873 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 10:37:12 am »

I don't see any team giving a high draft pick.  If the Fins cut him he is a FA, without going through waivers, but if he had to go thru waivers I am not sure he would be claimed.  If he is cut he might need to take a pay cut to get signed.

He is a decent player but not as good as his contract.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 06:12:17 pm »

No can't. The Dolphins have to dump a bunch more to get a high draft pick.

Yes he can.  Granted, it would cost then several picks but Albert could be substituted for one of them

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 09:20:06 am »

I gotcha then, he absolutely can as long as he is part of several other things offered. With a plan like that you might as well say the Dolphins should have turned Mario Williams into a high draft pick. Neither of those guys offer much of anything in terms of trading for a high pick.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 04:30:03 pm »

Albert to Jax for TE Julius Thomas is all but official according to reports breaking now. Trade can't go through till first week of March and the start of the new league year. Being reported by the Sun Sentinel
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 06:13:50 pm »

That's a logical trade.   The Dolphins need a receiving threat at tight end.  Dion Sims is not a receiving threat by any means.  Jax needs a guy who can protect Blake Bortles

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 06:58:12 pm »

The moment we drafted Tunsil last year I thought Albert's time at the Dolphins was rapidly running out, so this was not a surprise. It does however leave us with that glaring void possibly returning at the left guard position. Bushrod maybe moves there?

Despite the pick of Howard turning out reasonably well (and addressing a key need) I still wish we doubled down and took Cody Whitehair who was available with that same pick last year. Not only would he have been a quality guard, but as shown already with the Bears he could have handily slotted in at centre for Pouncey too when he was injured.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 09:33:50 pm »

The Line has been crap despite 4 first rounders, so changing things up and trading Albert is worth a shot. However, IIRC Bushrod was completely awful. Don't let him be a starter again or even a primary backup. No saying to waste another draft pick on the line, but can't go into the season with him penciled in for a major role.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 05:59:25 am »

The Line has been crap despite 4 first rounders, so changing things up and trading Albert is worth a shot. However, IIRC Bushrod was completely awful. Don't let him be a starter again or even a primary backup. No saying to waste another draft pick on the line, but can't go into the season with him penciled in for a major role.

The line wasn't crap last year when healthy. When healthy it was one of the 5 best offensive lines in the entire league. When the injuries happened yes the line took a dip, even then it wasn't awful.  When healthy the o-line was elite
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 11:33:04 am »

The line wasn't crap last year when healthy. When healthy it was one of the 5 best offensive lines in the entire league. When the injuries happened yes the line took a dip, even then it wasn't awful.  When healthy the o-line was elite
Unfortunately the season counts as a whole and not just when the unicorns could put together a healthy week. Overall line play was again poor.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 11:44:08 am »

Unfortunately the season counts as a whole and not just when the unicorns could put together a healthy week. Overall line play was again poor.

Tough to say the overall line play was poor when we had THREE 200+ yard rushing games by Ajayi and after the starting Qb went down the line was still good enough to make this a playoff team with a back-up QB at the helm. Jay Ajayi had 4.9 YPC for the season! #Fact!  Saying the o-line was poor last year is just a lie.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 12:39:27 pm »

My phone alerted me that they have come to terms and Thomas isn't part of the deal. Dolphins get a late round pick. That's about on par for what I expected (actually I expected him to be cut outright but given the event of a trade I knew he had little value).
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 01:09:18 pm »

My phone alerted me that they have come to terms and Thomas isn't part of the deal. Dolphins get a late round pick. That's about on par for what I expected (actually I expected him to be cut outright but given the event of a trade I knew he had little value).

Sounds like a late round pick in 2018 too, not this year, but that is unconfirmed.

No trade can happen till March 8th or 9th (first day of the new league year) so if it changes again between now and then I wouldn't be schocked
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 05:08:01 pm »

Armando reporting the Dolphins are trading a late round 2017 pick for TE Julius Thomas of Jax. Jax will send a late 2018 pick for Branden Albert
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 06:50:08 pm »

Armando reporting the Dolphins are trading a late round 2017 pick for TE Julius Thomas of Jax. Jax will send a late 2018 pick for Branden Albert
I'm okay with this.

Thomas had 24 TDS in Denver over 2 years when Gase was there.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:53:38 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 08:39:17 pm »

Worth a shot. Julius was an elite TD in Denver under Gase and some QB whose name escapes me right now. Only a 7th rounder to lose.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray