Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:17:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins off-season/cuts etc..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins off-season/cuts etc..  (Read 1192 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:53:12 pm »

So we knew Brandon Albert's cut,I'm happy about this...
The team is releasing starting left tackle Branden Albert, defensive end Mario Williams, defensive tackle Earl Mitchell and cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu.

from Miami Herald Blog.http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article133096369.html

While I kinda think the Alberts kinda half expected,not too surprising,Mitchell I'm a touch to the surprised side.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »

Yeah, the Mitchell cut was the only surprise. Nice that they will save $4M of his approximate $4.6 for the coming season.  But I don't feel very comfortable with the idea of Jordan Phillips starting next to Suh.  With all of the athleticism that Phillips has, he has been inconsistent and possible even been an under performer. 
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:16:18 pm »

Tweets are coming in they haven't cut him today, they might try to trade him...
@gunnerhal: OK, here's the deal: Branden Albert isn't being released, at least not yet. Appears a team might want to trade, so Dolphins holding off.

Hal Habib

@apoupartFins: .@MiamiDolphins did NOT release Branden Albert Thursday. They did let go of DE Mario Williams, DT Earl Mitchell and CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 05:47:57 pm »

Why the surprise about Mitchell? I think he was mentioned in most articles discussing salary cap cuts for next year. The thing that surprises me, Misi isn't on the list.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:35:53 pm »

Mitchell is small and gets pushed around. The run defense sucks and has for a few years. Guys not named Suh who are part of the run defense failure will be run out of town.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:58:31 pm »

On Mitchell, I'm not like OMG holy shit...But mildly surprised,as I did see him as a possible cap casualty.Read Barry Jackson's tweet,and saw the article about Mitchell had "internal support" obviously it wasn't enough. It made me raise my eyebrows....as in ok...

I do agree with Misi...

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 11:39:24 am »

Dion Jordan was released yesterday (while the site was down) We got like 3.5 mil in salary,and cap savings (I saw tweeted)

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 03:09:22 pm »

Dion Jordan was released yesterday (while the site was down) We got like 3.5 mil in salary,and cap savings (I saw tweeted)

YES Finally!  I saw this also, the article I read said he also failed his physical.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 05:24:38 pm »

End of an era error.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray