Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:24:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Flyboard Air Demo​ in Naples, FL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Flyboard Air Demo​ in Naples, FL  (Read 1085 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: February 24, 2017, 04:56:07 pm »

Anyone see this? Our kids, or grand-kids, may be flying themselves to school soon. This is pretty cool! I se some things online calling them fake but I also see where they got bought out and what looks like real news coverage. Anyway ... her eit is.

https://youtu.be/WQzLrvz4DKQ

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 05:07:23 pm »

Cool.  But our kids are not going to be flying them to school like parasailing or jetskiing it is a fun but impractical method of transport.  Could be an optional activity on a cruise ship or at a resort, but not a commuting device.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 05:13:10 pm »

People can't drive on a road with lines, I don't ever expect short commuting via the air is realistic (I expect the Earth to swallow us up before then).
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 05:13:26 pm »

Cool.  But our kids are not going to be flying them to school like parasailing or jetskiing it is a fun but impractical method of transport.  Could be an optional activity on a cruise ship or at a resort, but not a commuting device.
You don't need water. I'm not sure what you are saying.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 05:23:51 pm »

i am saying what phish is saying.  Maybe if tesla self driving cars can be added to this.  But otherwise, these are just mid air collision waiting to happen

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »

It's not the mid air collision I would be worried about, it's the collision with the ground when you inevitably steer the thing into it on accident. Why do you think he's flying it over water anyway?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 09:41:40 am »

It looks like Green Goblin's glider.

They did an episode on The White Rabbit Project (essentially Mythbusters) about this basic product.  They fly it over water so that they don't get killed testing it, essentially.  Pretty cool tech, but no practicality.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray