Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:18:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Reuben Foster sent home from combine. Good news for Dolphins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Reuben Foster sent home from combine. Good news for Dolphins?  (Read 3725 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 09:46:30 am »

There are 32 people whose opinion matters and the don't publish mock drafts. 

32 teams but many more people.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 11:30:13 am »

32 teams but many more people.

On most teams one person makes the final decision the others just offer suggestions. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 11:52:07 am »

So you're saying more than 32 people's opinions matter then.  Evil
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 12:39:19 am »

It just came out that he failed a drug test at the combine.  His stock may drop after all.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 12:42:47 pm »

He should fall.  But do you want him?  What he did at the combine was stupid but in the grand things not a super big deal.  But knowing he is getting a second chance he goes ahead and screws up again...then makes up bullshit excuse.

If he is draft high it will reinforce the idea he can get away with anything and will probably get himself suspended in short order.

OTOH if he falls to late 2nd or 3rd round and is drafted by a team with a no nonsense coach he might straighten out in which the team gets a great deal. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 10:39:53 am »

He should fall.  But do you want him?  What he did at the combine was stupid but in the grand things not a super big deal.  But knowing he is getting a second chance he goes ahead and screws up again...then makes up bullshit excuse.

I think your timeline is a little whonky... His urinalysis actually came "before" the argument with the medical professional, though it wasn't reported until afterwards, once the sample had been analyzed.

I would take Reuben Foster at #22 in a fucking heartbeat. He's Von Miller without the chicken fetish. He has Patrick Willis "pro bowl every year" potential, and that's something that's worth overlooking a little pot smoking to get.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 11:05:15 am »

I think your timeline is a little whonky... His urinalysis actually came "before" the argument with the medical professional, though it wasn't reported until afterwards, once the sample had been analyzed.

I would take Reuben Foster at #22 in a fucking heartbeat. He's Von Miller without the chicken fetish. He has Patrick Willis "pro bowl every year" potential, and that's something that's worth overlooking a little pot smoking to get.

I approve this message.  Miami would steal him at #22
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »

Michigan Saftey Jabrill Peppers Failed his drug test Diluted sample,came out a while ago. There are a few guy's I'd like to have at 22 Rueben Foster,Haason Reddick,David Njoku,Jarrod Davis...and perhaps Jabril Peppers.The diluted test,failed drug tests don't bother me as much as in the past.Guns,Violence,getting arrested type things do bother me.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 03:36:39 pm »

Yeah, baby...Miami needs a LB and a Strong Safety. How about a sliding Reuben Foster in round 1, and a sliding Jabrill Peppers in round two? Does Miami have enough positive football karma built up for that kind of situation? Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 04:35:38 pm »

The thing about Foster that concerns me is that he may need a second operation on his shoulder.  When you add injury to the other issues around him it may be best to draft a player with fewer question marks.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 08:28:32 pm »

Apparently Peppers didn't play in his bowl game and didn't tell the team day of is also causing teams to lose interest.  He legit could fall into the 2nd round.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 04:44:27 am »

Apparently Peppers didn't play in his bowl game and didn't tell the team day of is also causing teams to lose interest.  He legit could fall into the 2nd round.

He got hurt in pregame warmups
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 07:38:54 am »

He got hurt in pregame warmups
Hamstring was initially reported.  Stories coming out it was bullshit.

]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/24/report-nfl-teams-holding-missed-bowl-game-against-jabrill-peppers]
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2017, 08:56:59 am »

Let's be fair, this link says nothing about the hamstring injury being bullshit. It just says teams are holding the decision against him.

Honestly, this time of year listening to team executives and how they talk about players is almost as bad as listening to the guy at a car auction telling you what a hunk of junk one particular car is. When the bidding starts you always see their hand going in the air.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:00:04 am by Phishfan » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 03:08:50 pm »

Conley is dropping too.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray