Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:30:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Are you a member/shop at price club (Costco,Sams,BJ's wholesale)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are you a member/shop at price club (Costco,Sams,BJ's wholesale)?  (Read 1415 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:30:18 pm »

Are you a member of a Wholesale/price club Like Sam's,Costco,or B.J.'s wholesale?
Do you think they're worth it?
What do you generally buy?

I have 2 Sam's clubs,Not a chance Costco comes within 50 miles of here....I have several coworkers that shop there,but most get there membership free,or at reduced cost through a spouse,or family member job perk.

My Mom had a Sam's club card when it first opened in the late 80's (job perk),before we moved to the farm.I'd been in Sams' a handful of times since then,with other people.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:51:49 pm »

The only one within at least 70 miles of my house is a Sam's Club, and I've had a membership there since they opened; probably 20 years now that I think about it.  for a long time it was a job perk that I didn't have to pay for; but that ended and I've probably been paying for the membership myself for 7 or 8 years.  I don't shop there often, so it's probably not economically good.  BUT it's convenient and they have certain things that I like to buy.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:01:33 am »

We currently are Sam's and BJ's members. We've always been pretty much Sam's but there are some things that are better to get from BJ's ... at least here locally.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 09:22:27 am »

I shop at both Sam's and Costco, but don't personally pay for either membership.  I use one to buy some supplies for work sometimes and the other belongs to my mother-in-law, but we kinda all go together.

I don't go there a lot, but there are a few things, mostly bulk non-perishables, like paper towels and toilet paper, that we get.  Also, raw chicken.  We freeze it and end up cooking it for a while.

Edit: Forgot the $1.50 hotdog + soda deal.  Delicious and cost effective.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 09:37:53 am »

Costco makes a wonderful pot pie but I don't have a membership so I only tried it once.

My roommate and one of my neighbors have am's club memberships so I typically just tag along with them. I like the box of 90 (I think) lawn bags. They come in very useful with as many trees as I have.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 11:22:17 am »

COSTCO disciple here....they are so amazing.  My membership pays for itself in a single trip due to their INSANE liquor prices.  The only place comparable for pricing is NH ABC stores.  $13/handle for great vodka, $20/handle for other types of booze.  Dirt cheap bulk meats...just buy a bunch and freeze the rest.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 11:31:35 am »

I have a Costco membership I don't pay for.  I find it useful.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »

We only have Sam's here. I had a membership but only used it a few times over the course of a couple years. So I let it expire. So for people with both a Costco and Sam's. Which one is better? Sam's really doesn't impress me too much.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 02:07:28 pm »

Lately I've gotten tons of questions like..."Why don't you go out to Sam's for that?" by people here.(Yesterday,when I was price shopping Dog food) I also see ASS ton of people mention on Slick deals when something is on sale somewhere...Sam's,Costco,B.J.'s etc...Has this model for the same price,or less...Type arguments in the deals discussions...

Most of those people I find don't pay for their membership,and go for semi-specific stuff...Like I love this,or that.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 10:24:19 pm »

We got a BJs membership before our son was born, it paid for itself in formula and diaper discounts. Gas is also cheap there. but not any cheaper than Racetrac. Muffins are the best there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray