Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Aldi Grocery Stores
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Aldi Grocery Stores  (Read 2990 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 10:19:08 pm »

I like the concept of Aldi .. and I've been in one a few times. If you've ever watched Parks and Rec. it's the real life version of Food n' Stuff.

We're spoiled for choice in South florida, walmart, winn dixie, aldi, whole foods, fresh market, western beef, Publix , target, trader joe's and a whole bunch of big box clubs. On top of that Publix is constantly rated as the best or 2nd best grocery store in the united states.

Just where i live, at the 4 major intersections around my neighborhood there are 3 Publix stores and 1 Walmart grocery store.

Aldi is setup like a discount Trader Joes, it's the Big Lots of grocery stores . you can get peanut butter and tomato sauce and a yoga mat the next aisle over.

Here's an example:
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 11:31:24 pm »

It's very bare bones and not a lot of choice, but their brands are just as good as national name brands and their prices are hard to beat on a lot of items.  I shop there a lot.  Love their rice varieties and their breakfast cereals.  And to be helpful, I'll trade quarters with someone putting their cart back in, then do the same after I'm done loading my groceries in my car.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 08:42:02 am »

http://www.creativebloq.com/news/designers-react-to-the-new-aldi-logo?utm_content=buffer04152&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_cbloqtw

A peek at Aldi's new logo...

My Mom is in the hospital,and My oldest sister,and I was floored she was talking about how great Aldi's is where she lives.(I would have laid $100,she would have sneered her nose)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:44:10 am by DaLittle B » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 10:38:55 am »

I don't care for the new logo, as much as  the old.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 06:32:02 pm »

^^ I agree with the Comment in the artical,it looks like an airline logo!  Cheesy

I really like that most of Aldi's products have little boxes with Calorie,fat,Sodium counts right on the front of the package.I ran in there looking for some lower Sodium alternatives,and never realized how much I appreciate them.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray