Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:41:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Movie franchises,that have gone too far
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Movie franchises,that have gone too far  (Read 2391 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 09:26:49 am »

I think the Marvel franchises/MCU as a whole has gone too far. If we went 2 years without a CBM, I think I would be more than ok with that.

Blasphemy!! Heretic!! Leper...Outcast...Unclean!!

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 11:10:18 am »

I think the Marvel franchises/MCU as a whole has gone too far. If we went 2 years without a CBM, I think I would be more than ok with that.

I had a feeling someone would say these and I am mixed on it. I stopped watching X-Men and Wolverine movies because I've tired of them but new characters like Deadpool and Dr. Strange still get me excited when they come out.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 11:30:52 am »

I am not excited about Marvel movies anymore, really, but I always watch them, and they are always good.  Even the movies that I don't specifically like are passable and once in a while, you run across something that's pretty fantastic.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 08:09:27 pm »

In TV series they call this "jumping the shark" because of the Happy Days episode where The Fonz literally jumps a shark. In my opinion they should call movie sequels that go too far "Getting Rocked" and that would be in homage to all the sequels which have Dwayne Johnson in them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:11:52 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 08:41:23 am »

Some good ones I didn't think about...

I loved the Despicable me Franchises...I love me Some minions...Banana!  Cheesy

I'm a little surprised that the Star trek flicks from the 80's weren't mentioned,or the Star wars reboots 1,2,3 (the one most people panned in the early 2000's)

I use the Fast and furious series as joke about how old I've gotten....I can't really see the appeal of the 1st one,let alone any more of them...

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 09:38:53 am »

the Star wars reboots 1,2,3 (the one most people panned in the early 2000's)

Talking about Star Wars is like talking about my family. I can point out the flaws but if you aren't one of us step off.  Cheesy
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 01:34:38 pm »

Some good ones I didn't think about...

I loved the Despicable me Franchises...I love me Some minions...Banana!  Cheesy
Ain't that a kids cartoon or something?

I'm a little surprised that the Star trek flicks from the 80's weren't mentioned,or the Star wars reboots 1,2,3 (the one most people panned in the early 2000's)
I agree on Star Trek. However, I did enjoy the first 2 in the series. The Wrath of Khan('82) was the best in the series. Great movie!

I use the Fast and furious series as joke about how old I've gotten....I can't really see the appeal of the 1st one,let alone any more of them...
These movie have gotten stupider and stupider with each passing installment. I mean the first movie wasn't great or even good, but it wasn't terrible either. But that silliness should have ended there.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray