Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:21:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Sean Spicer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sean Spicer  (Read 1617 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: March 17, 2017, 10:23:50 am »

After watching his latest pressed I have concluded he must be twins with Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:37:05 am »

I go back and forth between loathing this guy for spreading bullshit and feeling sorry for him for having a job that's being the face of whatever crazy crap is going on that day.  I wonder if he believes it.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 10:35:34 pm »

he does a killer melissa mccarthy impersonation
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:33:16 am »

HA!  Awesome.

^wish we could 'like' comments on here.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:57:00 pm »

Meh, I don't hate him any more than any of the prior press secretaries.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 12:03:49 pm »

I go back and forth between loathing this guy for spreading bullshit and feeling sorry for him for having a job that's being the face of whatever crazy crap is going on that day.  I wonder if he believes it.

I've felt that way about every press secretary for every administration that I can remember.  What a horrible job that would be.  "Here's what we need you to do, go out there and lie and let everyone crucify you for it."   What an awful way to make a living. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:35:54 pm »

I've felt that way about every press secretary for every administration that I can remember.  What a horrible job that would be.  "Here's what we need you to do, go out there and lie and let everyone crucify you for it."   What an awful way to make a living. 

There is a difference, for the most part press secretary's job is to answer questions in a factual correct manner that puts the president in the most favorable light.  This involves spinning and can often be misleading it is quite a bit different from blatant lying.

Ari Fleischer most certainly made statements regarding the Gulf War that was false (WMD) nobody was comparing him to Bagadad Bob for the sheer level of bullshit sprewed like Spicer.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:56:11 pm »

There is a difference, for the most part press secretary's job is to answer questions in a factual correct manner that puts the president in the most favorable light.  This involves spinning and can often be misleading it is quite a bit different from blatant lying.

Ari Fleischer most certainly made statements regarding the Gulf War that was false (WMD) nobody was comparing him to Bagadad Bob for the sheer level of bullshit sprewed like Spicer.

Meh, having spent the last 14 years of my career in the federal gubment and the last 8 dealing with politicians more than I would like to, I just expect everyone in the political world to lie and most of the time, they do.  Baghdad Bob was awesome!  Thanks for that memory. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »

I would expect a good administration would not put their press secretary in a position to knowingly lie most of the time. They should not be privy to the lie. The current administration is so public and so outlandish they are not doing him any favors.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:47:31 pm »

Your normal press secretaries (and their job is the worst, too, btw) is to commit lies of omission or lies of technicality.  Spicer just reports crazy shit.  I guess he isn't REALLY lying, though..."The President believes" and a lot of redefining words and stuff.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 03:20:49 pm »

I guess we are going with the George Costanza definition: "It's not a lie if you believe it."

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 07:37:20 pm »

Remember when the son of the British Prime Minister sent out a derogatory tweet about Rudy Gulliani hours after 9/11 instead of a message of solidarity with the city, nation and victims.   Yeah, me neither.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray