Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:17:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  On The FinSide
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: On The FinSide  (Read 2896 times)
Phinatic_Pick

« on: March 24, 2017, 08:08:51 pm »

Hey guys,

Been meaning to jump on this site for a while, and was finally convinced that I should at the last MetLife Takeover.  Had some good conversations about it, so I'll start sharing our On The FinSide show on here periodically, so long as y'all don't mind.  We have a good time on the show, but also are REALLY good about getting to the point and getting the f&^k out.

We'll occasionally throw out player interviews (sometimes those provided by the team, but more often than not the ones that WE actually pursue).  The next few weeks we'll be interviewing a handful of draft prospects as well, including a possible Dolphins target in the first round...  it's fun.  We also welcome any feedback both good AND bad. 

I know, there are a TON of Dolphins related podcasts - and I won't point any fingers, but some of them feel like you're taking the cinnamon challenge to listen to them for more than 5 minutes.  We're not like that (we hope!) but we'll let y'all judge for yourselves (or not!).

We've had a ton of great guests on, as I mentioned and I'll leave some of them below.  Before that, though, if you want to give us a listen here are some of the links to some of the ways that you can:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRVxCtFXDJaMiEJVKDwSfTg
Spreaker: https://www.spreaker.com/show/on-the-finside
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/on-the-finside/id1146112484?mt=2

(we're on more, but I don't want to bury it out on this post!)

If you like the show, great!  Do us a favor and click to like it, follow it and/or subscribe

Anyhow, fins up!

--Paul

Some past guests:

Dolphins players past and present: Sam Madison, Deon Dyer, Brent Grimes, Sam Young, Chimdi Chekwa, John Offerdahl, Nat Moore, Troy Drayton,
Some Others we've interviewed: Greg Likens, Tom Garfinkel, Mike Mandich, Ndidi Massay (RISE),
Regular Contributors to the show: Chris "CK" Kouffman, Rob Proffitt, Ian Wharton
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:39:59 pm »

Welcome!!! Yes there are 1 or 2 really good Dolphins podcasts out there these days (I do agree though some really suck.)

There is one that gets some good interviews with interesting former and current Dolphins people like Marco Coleman, Tim Robbie, Richmond Webb, Sean Wooden and others that I listen to on occasion. I will give you guys a listen and a shot as well. Always love hearing nothing but Dolphins talk of any sort when I can.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:31:30 am »

How in the world is Mercury Morris not on the list of "past guests?" Merc loves being interviewed so much that he actually calls the media and asks if you'll interview him. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:34:11 am »

Hey Paul.  Keep in touch and let us know what kind of guests you have upcoming.  Do you you have live call-in?

I drink your milkshake!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 03:52:55 pm »

I miss the FINsiders show Cry

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 04:52:57 pm »

I miss TDMMC Saturday Night!

Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 06:27:17 pm »

^ it was fun to do!

I subscribed on Youtube,to remind me to give a listen. Grin

Phinatic_Pick

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 12:27:59 am »

How in the world is Mercury Morris not on the list of "past guests?" Merc loves being interviewed so much that he actually calls the media and asks if you'll interview him. Wink

I've talked to Merc once or twice, but need to get him to actually come on
Phinatic_Pick

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 12:29:47 am »

Welcome!!! Yes there are 1 or 2 really good Dolphins podcasts out there these days (I do agree though some really suck.)

There is one that gets some good interviews with interesting former and current Dolphins people like Marco Coleman, Tim Robbie, Richmond Webb, Sean Wooden and others that I listen to on occasion. I will give you guys a listen and a shot as well. Always love hearing nothing but Dolphins talk of any sort when I can.

Thanks, Baba...  It's tough to separate from the pack.  We've been getting a ton of listens since we revamped our audio issues (we made the mistake of using Skype this past season after we got pretty unhappy with BlogtalkRadio and their issues.  I was finally able to find a way for Cat and I to record well and not compromise the audio quality as we live several states apart
Phinatic_Pick

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 12:31:57 am »

Hey Paul.  Keep in touch and let us know what kind of guests you have upcoming.  Do you you have live call-in?

We had to scrap the live call in aspect with some changes we made last year.  We also took a good long hard look at our numbers and honestly the "LIVE" listens were peanuts compared to folks listening after the fact, and we had very little flexibility with using blogtalk anyhow in terms of recording, etc - and the price was outrageous in comparison to other aspects. 
Phinatic_Pick

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 12:33:55 am »

I do as well.  We do get those guys to swing by and record with us on occasion.  We're going to have Likens on again in the coming weeks, and OJ and I keep having conflicting schedules to record and catch up.  You actually just reminded me that I need to get Drayton  and Sam back on as well
Phinatic_Pick

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 12:35:18 am »

^ it was fun to do!

I subscribed on Youtube,to remind me to give a listen. Grin

THANK YOU!  That definitely seems to be where we've been getting the most hits since we re-triggered our offseason converage (you'll hear a definitive difference in the audio quality from this past season and the start of our offseason coverage)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 04:29:47 pm »

Yeah, I subscribed to the youtube channel as well...will give it a listen.

~ Micah Leggat
Phinatic_Pick

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »

Yeah, I subscribed to the youtube channel as well...will give it a listen.

Thanks, Sun - and we can take true feedback
Phinatic_Pick

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 01:43:00 am »

Hey guys, I made several playlists on the YouTube channel to more easily hit the topic that you're looking for on there.  Had some good stuff w a few prospects, an agent, Greg Likens & looked at OG'S w Chris Kouffman.  Got more coming this week
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray