Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:56:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL approves Raiders move to Vegas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NFL approves Raiders move to Vegas  (Read 2667 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 03:32:46 pm »

I think it's great that Vegas is getting a team, it sucks for the true Raiders fans though.  But the more I hear about this you really can't blame them for leaving town.  A couple points I heard on various sports talk - they share the stadium with a baseball team.  We Dolphins fans know how it sucks to be playing a portion of your season on a dirt infield.  Fan support - they have been improving as a team, had a great season last year, but are still at the bottom of the league in attendance. Money - it's not like their owner is as rich as some of the other owner's in the league, I don't t think he has the cash or financing to just go build his own stadium in Oakland. (note - the NFL is charging Davis roughly half of what they are charging the Rams and Chargers to move).  The City of Oakland doesn't have the money to justify spending that much on a stadium, when they have other financial worries.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 04:35:38 pm »

^^^ Too funny...when I saw the "raiders-themed brothel" in the link, my immediate thought was "Just sin, baby." Then I popped the link, and those are the first words of the article. Low hanging fruit, but I'll grab it when I'm hungry. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »

If I was in Oakland I would buy an F the Raiders t-shirt today. I would not even attend the rest of the games in Oakland much less travel anywhere to see them. The organization has taken a dump on the city not once but twice during my lifetime. At some point enough would be enough.

You do realize that they are the only team that still shares their home field with a baseball team don't ya?  Not to mention the city of Oakland tripled their lease for the stadium.   Who took a dump on who??

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 10:25:51 am »

You do realize that they are the only team that still shares their home field with a baseball team don't ya?  Not to mention the city of Oakland tripled their lease for the stadium.   Who took a dump on who??

The sharing a stadium thing I understand. As for the lease increase, that came after we knew the Raiders were planning on moving. Why not give them a rate increase if you know they are going away and taking that revenue with them?

Interestingly,  just saw this in an article today regarding the rent at the Coliseum, "McKibben said Coliseum generates about $7 million per year in revenue from Raiders games, including $3.5 million in rent. But it has more than $8 million a year in Raiders-related expenses, including security, sanitation, ushers and field conversions between baseball and football events. The 51-year-old Coliseum is the only stadium left in the U.S. that houses both an NFL team and Major League Baseball team. There are roughly three field conversions per year, at a cost of about $450,000 each. Without the Raiders, that headache goes away and so do the financial losses under the current arrangement."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/oakland-coliseum-stadium-authority-doesnt-want-raiders-to-return-in-2019/ar-BByZ358?li=BBnb7Kz
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:40:59 am by Phishfan » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray