Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:34:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Water bottle recommendations?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Water bottle recommendations?  (Read 1109 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »

So for the past couple of years I've used the smaller Gatorade bottles that I filled with water (and mio water). I grabbed them when I was going on a walk/jog,or running errands,etc. If I dropped it,lost it etc...It was easy and cheap to replace.A lady at the hospital said it wasn't a great idea to reuse them,and I said oh really? Ok, thanks...Earlier today,I read why,etc..

So I was curious what are some bottles do you like?

I'd prefer no straw,easy to clean,and plastic,but open to hearing any others you'd recommend.

(My coworker mentioned a camelback - chute top,I'm on my way to take a gander at them.)

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:18:25 pm »

Not good to reuse Gatorade bottles? I've been doing that for water and whey protein for 10+ years . I just rinse them out with hot water and then fill them up and put them in the fridge. I've never had any issues. So why do they say don't use them?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:08:16 am »

I use a Yeti cup.  Keeps hots hot or colds cold for hours.  The knockoffs like RTIC are just as good and run about 10 bucks for a 32 Oz cup
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 10:48:08 am »

I usually just use a cup.  I sometimes will have a plastic water bottle that I'll refill a few times, but after a few refills, I just move on.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:50:39 pm »

What I've read in different articles,they're safe,but they can leach plastic chemicals into what you drink eventually. Direct sunlight,and exposure to certain chemicals,heating and cooling tends to lead to the leaching.

For me the leaching,The leaching probably applies more for me because of my usage - I keep the bottles for a long time,don't rinse them before refill,when I'm out during the day (I might refill it 3-4 times a day during long days).I don't get to wash it till I get home on those long days.I also don't bring it in to most meetings,because carrying a purple liquid,with a bright orange cap with no label doesn't look real good.So It gets cold,then sits in my truck and gets hot...

Anyways Leaching,and appearances I'd like to have 1 nice bottle,and maybe use the Gatorade bottles less.

I bought the .75l Camelbak chute bottle this morning,after seeing a coworkers 1L this morning.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 07:21:11 pm »

What I've read in different articles,they're safe,but they can leach plastic chemicals into what you drink eventually. Direct sunlight,and exposure to certain chemicals,heating and cooling tends to lead to the leaching.

For me the leaching,The leaching probably applies more for me because of my usage - I keep the bottles for a long time,don't rinse them before refill,when I'm out during the day (I might refill it 3-4 times a day during long days).I don't get to wash it till I get home on those long days.I also don't bring it in to most meetings,because carrying a purple liquid,with a bright orange cap with no label doesn't look real good.So It gets cold,then sits in my truck and gets hot...

Anyways Leaching,and appearances I'd like to have 1 nice bottle,and maybe use the Gatorade bottles less.

I bought the .75l Camelbak chute bottle this morning,after seeing a coworkers 1L this morning.
Yeah, I only use my at home. Usually have 4-5 full of water in the refrigerator. I'll use it to mix some protein or BCAAs or just drink the water. I have a whole cupboard full of empty ones. That reminds me, I probably need to switch them out. Been using the current ones over 8-9 months, haha. Probably die of cancer, lmao......

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 03:54:12 pm »

I got my new Bottle this morning the Camelbak Chute bottle It works,the Ford Cup holder it doesn't go all the way down.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray