Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:30:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Is Dion Jordon the biggest bust in Dolphins history?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Is Dion Jordon the biggest bust in Dolphins history?
Yes   -12 (80%)
No   -3 (20%)
Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Is Dion Jordon the biggest bust in Dolphins history?  (Read 7920 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 04, 2017, 02:06:10 pm »

There is a lot of hyperbole about worsts and I'm hearing Jordon being named by some as the worst bust in franchise history.

Where do you place him?

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 03:05:22 pm »

He is a top 10 bust, put I give John Avery top honors.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:52:44 pm »

He is a top 10 bust, put I give John Avery top honors.

Why are you picking a fight with Brian?

Avery may have been a worse pick but I don't think a worse bust. Miami traded back in the draft to get Avery and up to get Jordan. That is the difference maker for me. Miami hasn't had a top 5 pick in my lifetime worse than Jordan. You can't blow those picks.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 04:31:03 pm »

Why are you picking a fight with Brian?

As resident Patriots troll, it is in the job description.  😀

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 06:11:35 pm »

He's definitely Top 5, along with David Overstreet & Yatil Green.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 04:34:21 pm »

The Yes's are running away with this poll...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 04:52:13 am »

He's definitely Top 5, along with David Overstreet & Yatil Green.

They weren't Top 3 picks in the entire draft so its not even close to being on the same level. Plus Green got hurt in the field of play (it happens). Jordan's issues were brought on himself
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 09:48:21 am »

The Yes's are running away with this poll...

For good reason
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 10:01:59 am »

I want to think that he's not, but I really can't think of a pick so high.

He busted horribly, but I think that the idea of the pick wasn't so bad.  The guy just couldn't get on the field.

The quintessential "what are you doing?" pick, for me, was Jamar Fletcher.  ...not because he was a bad player, but because we needed a franchise QB, Drew Brees was on the board, and we already had two starting Pro Bowl corners.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 11:32:16 am »

Shrugs shoulders....I'm not going to bash anyone for saying he is or isn't,nor do I care If he is or isn't at this point in time.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 11:37:04 am »

I just remember thinking that the draft that year was pretty terrible.

Even though Jordan was a #3 pick, I wasn't particularly excited about getting him.  So it's hard for me to think of him as the biggest bust in Dolphins history, when I never expected that much from him in the first place.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 01:11:18 pm »

Even you guys trying to defend it haven't brought yourself to click "no" in the vote. The guy should be in the running for biggest NFL bust, not just Miami.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 02:16:04 pm »

Even you guys trying to defend it haven't brought yourself to click "no" in the vote. The guy should be in the running for biggest NFL bust, not just Miami.
Jordan is Bosworthy
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 03:00:54 pm »

If you think a defensive end picked at #3 should be in the running for biggest NFL bust of all-time, I question your attentiveness to the NFL as a whole.

If we are going to talk about the biggest bust in the NFL in the 2013 draft, that's a more defensible claim.  Joeckel (picked at #2) was also terrible, and I'd argue that EJ Manuel and Geno Smith were bigger busts for BUF and NYJ than Jordan was for MIA.

If you're going to argue that higher pick necessarily equals bigger bust, then by definition Jordan cannot be the biggest NFL bust ever, and the only eligible Dolphins to be a bigger bust than him are LT Jake Long (2008 #1), RB Ronnie Brown (2005 #2), and QB Rick Norton (1966 #2).  And on that subject, it seems to me that Rick Norton would be a bigger bust; in his 4 years in MIA, he compiled a 1-10 record with a passer rating of 28.1.  So I clicked no in the poll.

If I'm speaking from the heart and defining "bust" as performance vs. expectations, I felt like The Ginn Family was my probably personal choice for biggest bust since I've been following the Dolphins.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:04:41 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »

I didn't vote...and probably wont either...I feel like the emotion of him just being released (yah no more Doin Jordan drama!),it's hard for me to quantify his career.Yeah he was a bust for the Dolphins, I'm not arguing he wasn't,I'm just un-sure if he's my choice for the biggest bust in Dolphins history.

Biggest bust of all time  Huh,not even close.Kijana Carter, Jamracus Russell..there are lots of big busts.D. Jordan could pull a Tony Mandarich,and still catch on somewhere for a year or two even just as a depth guy at a minimum salary.

We never really depended on Dion Jordan. We drafted him and that same year O.Vernon stepped up,and we had Wake,then a bunch of guys who could fill in at DE (D.Shelby,T.Fede,etc.) We drafted him injured with a bum shoulder,then the suspensions,last year it was the knee,after being reinstated. Biggest bust in cost yeah, I get that,but as a few other guys mentioned...We all some other guys,that we feel are bigger busts because of what we needed,performance,etc,etc...

Dion Jordan 26 games 39 tkls,3 sacks http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JordDi00.htm
Yatil green 8 games 18 rec 234 yrds http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeYa00.htm

I know we traded up to get Jordan,we didn't trade up for Greene...

Personally,I like hearing all ...So,and so always felt like a bigger bust to me....

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray