Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:48:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Is Dion Jordon the biggest bust in Dolphins history?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: Is Dion Jordon the biggest bust in Dolphins history?
Yes   -12 (80%)
No   -3 (20%)
Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Is Dion Jordon the biggest bust in Dolphins history?  (Read 7906 times)
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 05:10:57 pm »

Dion Jordan 26 games 39 tkls,3 sacks http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JordDi00.htm
Yatil green 8 games 18 rec 234 yrds http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeYa00.htm

I know we traded up to get Jordan,we didn't trade up for Greene...

Personally,I like hearing all ...So,and so always felt like a bigger bust to me....

Again, Green got injured ON THE FIELD. That happens to a lot of players, it isn't like Green got caught with hookers, coke, and a loaded gun in his car. Getting hurt playing has more to do with bad luck than anything. Jordan is a bust because he brought every bad thing on himself. It's unfair to compare the two at all.

Green tried, Green wanted to be an NFL player, he just got hurt and had bad luck. Jordan had no bad luck he just made bad life decisions.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 07:53:35 pm »

They weren't Top 3 picks in the entire draft so its not even close to being on the same level. Plus Green got hurt in the field of play (it happens). Jordan's issues were brought on himself

I didn't know that a "bust" had to be a top 3 overall pick, nor that a "bust" could only be a "bust" if it is from non-football issues brought on by the player only.  Thanks for clarifying.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 09:12:08 pm »

I didn't know that a "bust" had to be a top 3 overall pick, nor that a "bust" could only be a "bust" if it is from non-football issues brought on by the player only.  Thanks for clarifying.

Anyone can be a bust.  But the higher they were drafted, the more that's expected of them, and the more that was spent to move up to get them, the bigger bust they are.

Even you guys trying to defend it haven't brought yourself to click "no" in the vote. The guy should be in the running for biggest NFL bust, not just Miami.

Sorry.  That honor belongs to Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell.  No one can outdo what they did.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 08:50:31 am »

Missing the  entirepoint. It has nothing to do with being a Top 3 pick. Yatil Green got injured, that's not his fault. It happens in football. Yatil Green didn't go out of his way to get injured, it happens it's a rough sport. Is he a bust because he was a 1st round pick that didn't pan out, yes. But not even in the same solar system as Dion Jordan

Dion Jordan did drugs, tried to cheat, and didn't put in any effort after being drafted. That is a legit BUST on an entirely different level.  And if you can't see the difference then well, I don't know what to tell you.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »

So if a player tries really hard but is just terrible, does that make them less of a bust?
I don't follow that logic.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 06:55:49 pm »

So if a player tries really hard but is just terrible, does that make them less of a bust?

Was Ernie Davis a "bust"?

First overall pick, never played a down.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 08:51:21 pm »

Less of a bust, yes!

Ryan Leaf, Dion Jordan, Tony Mandarich....druggies who didn't care and didn't try. Jamarcus Russell who eat himself out of the league. All MUCH bigger busts than Yatil Green.

Yatil Green is a bust with the caveat that he got hurt and it was out of his control. So, yes he is less of a bust then others.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 08:58:57 pm »

No.  But if a player is injured, yes.  The job of a GM is to evaluate the player.  Draft a bum with no work ethic or who lacks moral character that is on the team, not bad luck.  Draft a guy who lacks the skills to play football that is on the team not bad luck.  Draft a hard working, talented guy who tears his ACL in training camp that is bad luck, unless you drafted a guy who missed much of college due to injury.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 01:00:49 am »

Less of a bust, yes!

Ryan Leaf, Dion Jordan, Tony Mandarich....druggies who didn't care and didn't try. Jamarcus Russell who eat himself out of the league. All MUCH bigger busts than Yatil Green.
So Ki-Jana Carter, Tim Couch, and Courtney Brown are all lesser busts because they tried really hard?
Again, I don't agree.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2017, 01:27:51 am »

So Ki-Jana Carter, Tim Couch, and Courtney Brown are all lesser busts because they tried really hard?
Again, I don't agree.

You don't have to agree. You are entitled to believe anything you want no matter how wrong it is
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2017, 09:06:43 pm »

No contest for me, definitely the biggest draft bust in Dolphins history.

I always got nervous when Ireland traded up to take someone, I think every time he did it turned into a bust - none as monumental as Dion Jordan. Trading away two picks to move up and get Daniel Thomas was horrible at the time (I would actually rank this as a worse result than the Sammie Smith pick in the Ring of Dishonor), and I remember him panicking and trading up for a corner in a later draft that also tuned into another bust.

Whenever he traded down or stayed put he seemed to be fine, Odrick, Davis, Pouncey, Tannehill, looking back they all seem be the right moves, and he did snag some lower round gems like Jones.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 12:45:01 pm »

He is a Seahawk.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 02:11:29 pm »

I like how the caption under Dion's picture reads: "Dion Jordan is joining the Seahawks after a lackluster Dolphins tenure."

um...no. Lackluster means that, well, it lacked luster. Lackluster does not mean that something was horrible and smelled like sour milk.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 02:14:19 pm »

He is a Seahawk.

I saw that this morning.  I don't care where he goes as long as it is away from Miami. 

To the original question, as others have stated, I believe he is the biggest Dolphins bust because well, he sucks.  But also not only because the Dolphins traded up for him, but they traded all the way up to the 3rd pick for a guy that most people didn't have pegged to go in the top of the first round at all and a lot of them didn't have him going in the first round at all.  It was a perfect storm of horrible. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »

I don't care where he goes as long as it is away from Miami. 

He can't join an NFL team any further away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray