Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:56:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your the GM: Do you Pick up RT Ja’Wuan James 5th yr option?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your the GM: Do you Pick up RT Ja’Wuan James 5th yr option?  (Read 1794 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: April 07, 2017, 11:29:19 am »

I saw this news and notes tweeted,and thought it interesting.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/east-notes-dolphins-james-giants-odighizuwa-redskins-mcgee-patriots-bolden-dolphins-mcdonald

The top story talks about the Dolphins have till May 2 to pick up his 5th yr option or not,at 8mil for 1 yr.

He's alright,if we don't it creates another hole for us to fill.I also don't know how seriously they are looking at O-lineman in the draft either.

You are the Miami Dolphins GM,Do you pick up Ja'Wan James' 5th yr option at 8mil this yr?

Would you look to draft his replacement,work out a longer contract?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:41:44 am »

I saw this news and notes tweeted,and thought it interesting.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/east-notes-dolphins-james-giants-odighizuwa-redskins-mcgee-patriots-bolden-dolphins-mcdonald

The top story talks about the Dolphins have till May 2 to pick up his 5th yr option or not,at 8mil for 1 yr.

He's alright,if we don't it creates another hole for us to fill.I also don't know how seriously they are looking at O-lineman in the draft either.

You are the Miami Dolphins GM,Do you pick up Ja'Wan James' 5th yr option at 8mil this yr?

Would you look to draft his replacement,work out a longer contract?
He's solid, but by no means is a top tier RT.  It depends on the options.  I don't like giving 8mil for a solid player that isn't outstanding, and with working out a long term contract, we would end up spending top tier $ on an average/slightly above average RT.  Draft a late round prospect or two and see if they pan out, or have potential.

Having said all of that, it is better to overpay for him than not having a replacement at all.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 12:21:45 pm »

Absolutely nothing until after the draft.  No point in committing before that.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 03:55:16 pm »

I agree with Tenshot,I guess I'm more worried they'll pull a Dallas Thomas,Jamil Douglas,Billy turner type move. Cheesy Embarrassed Cry

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 07:48:24 pm »

Absolutely nothing until after the draft.  No point in committing before that.

If the Dolphins can work out a fair long term contract extension before the draft, then there would be less pressure to draft a OL high up in the draft order.  On the other hand the Dolphins could afford to pay the big one year contract if they had to, and pick up a replacement in the 2018 Draft/or free agency next year.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 06:06:22 pm »

If the Dolphins can work out a fair long term contract extension before the draft, then there would be less pressure to draft a OL high up in the draft order.  On the other hand the Dolphins could afford to pay the big one year contract if they had to, and pick up a replacement in the 2018 Draft/or free agency next year.

I wouldn't rule out an extension before the draft, but I wouldn't pick up his 1 year option before the draft.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray