Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:55:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Aaron Hernandez commits suicide
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide  (Read 5422 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 19, 2017, 07:55:47 am »

Shit, wasn't expecting that.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/authorities-say-aaron-hernandez-commits-suicide-massachusetts-prison-110558946.html
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 08:29:43 am »

Hopefully this brings some closer to the families of his victims.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:35:08 am »

Heard that on the way in to work this morning.  Talk about a wasted life. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:55:25 am »

So, I guess I can officially drop him from my dynasty FFL league...

<j/k>

RIP, Aaron...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:08:25 am »

I'm going to take a bit of a different attitude toward this. Good riddance.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:37:39 am »

I'm going to take a bit of a different attitude toward this. Good riddance.

I think that is the majority opinion. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 11:44:33 am »

For some reason, this immediately reminded me of when D'Angelo "committed suicide" in prison on The Wire.

SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:41 pm »

May both he and, more importantly, his victims rest in peace.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 12:41:47 pm »

For some reason, this immediately reminded me of when D'Angelo "committed suicide" in prison on The Wire.

I think this naturally pops into our heads but I'm not sure I give it much more than just a fleeting thought, especially if it is accurate that he had a single cell and had items blocking the door from the inside.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 01:02:21 pm »

I thought the same thing...seems odd after being acquitted of two more murders, which (I heard this, not exactly fact) might help him in an appeal for the Odin Loyd murder.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 01:18:01 pm »

Aaron Hernandez's Lawyer And Former Agent Aren't Sure He Killed Himself

"TMZ reports that lawyer Jose Baez—who secured Hernandez a not guilty verdict last week in the deaths of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, but who did not represent him when he was convicted of murdering Odin Lloyd—“has launched an investigation on behalf of Hernandez family and they are not buying the suicide story,” and believes Hernandez could’ve been murdered either by other inmates, or by correctional officers."

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 01:37:17 pm »

Aaron Hernandez's Lawyer And Former Agent Aren't Sure He Killed Himself

"TMZ reports that lawyer Jose Baez—who secured Hernandez a not guilty verdict last week in the deaths of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, but who did not represent him when he was convicted of murdering Odin Lloyd—“has launched an investigation on behalf of Hernandez family and they are not buying the suicide story,” and believes Hernandez could’ve been murdered either by other inmates, or by correctional officers."

Everything that has been in the news lately, nothing surprises me anymore.  Well him dying surprised me, but him killing himself vs. him being murdered doesn't.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 01:54:16 pm »

Both are raising this very serious allegation with absolutely no evidence beyond "Aaron being a high character individual who would not commit "self-murder".  They also insist he would not murder others.  The correction officers should file a defamation suit against these two.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 02:08:22 pm »

Jose Baez will still insist on Casey Anthony innocence so I'll take it with a grain of salt still. The guy was serving life without parole and had little public support. I think most people would consider suicide at some point, no matter what these people on his payroll would say.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 02:20:52 pm »

Here's what The Internet (specifically, reddit) says:

So out here in Boston there is a local sports talk radio show called Toucher & Rich. Last hour they had on a law professor and a lawyer to explain what's going on and why he probably did it.

Because his murder conviction is in appeal, and his recent gun charge will go into appeal...now that he is dead, those appeals cannot be heard and those convictions will be vacated. And while this doesn't help with the civil suits his family/estate will face from the victims families, it does make it so that officially Aaron Hernandez does not have any convictions under his name.

Now what that means in the grand scheme of things is his family is now technically entitled to his NFL pension, his signing bonus and any other money the Patriots owe him. I'm sure they will fight it but it gives the family a leg to stand on.

This happened in the case of the Catholic Priest that touched all those kids. Father Goggins I think his name was. Convicted, appealed, offed himself and they vacated the convictions. The families still were able to bring civil charges but he officially never got convicted.

TL;DR - Hernandez convictions will be vacated now, he is no longer a felon and is owed his nfl pension, his signing bonus and more money that will all technically go to his family.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray