Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:15:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Schedule Predictions 2017
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Schedule Predictions 2017  (Read 2628 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:18:13 pm »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/mia/miami-dolphins

Looks like about 8 wins to me.

If you get hot, you take maybe 10.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:30:27 pm »

16-0 guyz
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:11:27 pm »

OT: You play both Jets games, than both NE games, then both Bills games.  A bit odd.  I do like the concentration of div games late in the season.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:26 pm »

Miami has it's "You folks better take us serious" breakout campaign, going 12-4 during the regular season and making it all the way to the AFC Championship game.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 04:53:49 pm »

Three straight national primetime games before the bye.  Hmmm.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 05:26:08 pm »

Three straight national primetime games before the bye.  Hmmm.

Total of 5 games in which it is the only one on TV.  That is a lot for a team that hasn't won a playoff game in a decade and a half.

BeanCounter

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:19:07 pm »

Is anyone worried about the amount of travel this team is going through during the first 5 weeks of the season?  From Miami to LA to NY to London back to Miami is brutal.  I think this travel will catch up to this team and cost them 1 or 2 games during this stretch.  First 5 games are all winnable, but I see them going 3-2 to start off the season.

Games 6 to 10 have 3 tough road games (@ Atlanta / @ Baltimore / @ Carolina) and 2 home games vs the Jets and Raiders.  I see them going 2-3 or 3-2 in games 6 to 10.

After their bye they play 2 games against the Pats, 2 games against the Bills, a home game against Denver and a road game against KC.  I think they split against the Pats, sweep the Bills, win against Denver and lose on the road at KC.

Overall, I see the Dolphins going 9-7 or 10-6.

On a side note, I personally hate the fact that this team is put at a disadvantage by playing a "home" game in London.  If the NFL wants to play international games, adopt a 3 game pre-season (1 home game / 1 away game / 1 neutral site game) and 17 game season (8 home games / 8 away games and 1 international game).
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 06:52:16 pm »

Total of 5 games in which it is the only one on TV.  That is a lot for a team that hasn't won a playoff game in a decade and a half.
Thursday Night and London games don't really count, as the NFL frequently schedules the worst game of the week on those venues.

But OAK, CAR, and NE shows the league thinks MIA will have a good product this year.  Specifically, a Sunday Night game that's not against a team from Boston or New York is a massive leap for the Dolphins.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:26 pm »

i see 11 wins in that schedule .. that'll do
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 08:17:38 pm »

Is anyone worried about the amount of travel this team is going through during the first 5 weeks of the season?  From Miami to LA to NY to London back to Miami is brutal.  I think this travel will catch up to this team and cost them 1 or 2 games during this stretch. 

It shouldn't.  From what I have read distance isn't the issue, it is arrival time home.  In other words arriving home from London at 10 pm after 9:30 am game will effect the Tenn game less than arriving home at 2am would if you played the Buc on MNF even though that would be a short flight.  The only time in which Mia might arrive home after midnight and then play a game less than 10 days later is flying home from LA.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 03:52:44 pm »

On the subject of travel and rest.....I think this is a better analysis

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/66r94b/i_analyzed_the_2017_schedule_to_calculate_each/

of a schedule than miles traveled.  Based on it Mia has a pretty average schedule +1.  Even if you factor in you subtract 2 days for travel to a home game it still comes out as a pretty average schedule at -1.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 05:03:50 pm »

I just noticed that MIA does not have their bye after the London game (but NO does).  That sucks.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 06:05:13 pm »

I just noticed that MIA does not have their bye after the London game (but NO does).  That sucks.

Dolphins specificly requested a bye week later in the season, rather than after London. 

They have 2 prime time road games, one is Thursday the other is before the bye.  That is huge.  A bye helps a lot more after a long flight home after an 8.30 pm game than after a 9.30am game.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 04:43:36 pm »

I think this is a great schedule for Miami, unlike last season.  Not too tough early on, only one potentially frigid December game.  Eleven wins, possibly twelve and division title.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 06:01:34 am »

Dolphins vs Bucs on opening day.  Looking forward to some chatter on here for that

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray