Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:01:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What happened to NASCAR?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What happened to NASCAR?  (Read 4539 times)
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 06:11:45 pm »

I'll repeat, pipe dream. What you are stating is not reality. I'm telling you (and I would wager money I spend more time in more bars than anyone on this board) that the PPV fights are not in every bar. You are giving alternative facts so I can't do anything if you believe it, but it just isn't true. If anything, the truth is the exact opposite of what you are saying. Years ago more bars were buying the package and they stopped. There were too many places and the fights were not making enough money for the bar. You see, bars have to pay more for a fight than a person sitting at home. The TV packages charge them based on bar capacity so one fight is pretty damn expensive. No bar is going to buy a fight and have 4 people show up unless they plan on taking losses as a business. Is it possible you don't know the difference between the regularly televised fight and the PPV ones? The key to our discussion is I brought up a purchased package. You can find MMA on the regular TV without paying extra but that isn't our discussion. Dave has the best possible explanation, people have figured out the one bar that shows the fight and just go there without discussing it or searching for it.

You can type pipe dream as much as you want, fact is I am correct and those fights are in every bar these days. Maybe not in the backwood town you live in with one stop-light and one-high school, but in most average sized to large typical American cities they are. You clearly don't know their business model with the UFC Fight Pass (their online service)  and how their pricing has also changed on the bar pricing package when they rolled out their UFC fight pass streaming service online. But I don't have time to educate you on the UFC business model and how they sell their fights these days and all of their revenue streams. So, live in the bubble and keep typing pipe dream over and over again since it seems to make you feel better.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 06:51:26 pm »

You can type pipe dream as much as you want, fact is I am correct and those fights are in every bar these days. Maybe not in the backwood town you live in with one stop-light and one-high school, but in most average sized to large typical American cities they are. You clearly don't know their business model with the UFC Fight Pass (their online service)  and how their pricing has also changed on the bar pricing package when they rolled out their UFC fight pass streaming service online. But I don't have time to educate you on the UFC business model and how they sell their fights these days and all of their revenue streams. So, live in the bubble and keep typing pipe dream over and over again since it seems to make you feel better.

Albany, NY is a pretty big city.  When I lived there it was on in ONE bar on a street with over 20 bars. The same one bar that showed every NFL game, as opposed to the other bars that had just Jets and a Giants or whoever was national game.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:55:04 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 11:25:02 am »

Alternative facts are not real!

#1 Orlando was a backwoods town at one point (before either of us was alive) but it is far from it now. The fact is, you have made a completely false statement and everyone here knows it. Hell, EVERY bar doesn't even have the Sunday Ticket. You are just spouting false information and hoping someone buys into it.
#2 I called the promoter listed on UFC's official website just to make sure I'm correct (bet you didn't expect that). For a bar to broadcast a UFC PPV event it is based on fire code occupancy. It is $2363 for a single fight based on a 300 seat business. They have a three fight deal where you can spend $1895 on each fight.
#3 According to UFC's own website Fight Pass doesn't even include the live events we are discussing

DOES MY FIGHT PASS SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE LIVE UFC PAY-PER-VIEW EVENTS?
No, live Pay-Per-View events are sold on a standalone basis on UFC.tv. These events become part of the vast FIGHT PASS library approximately one month later.

http://www.ufc.com/faq-ufctv-ufcfightpass?id=

Alternative facts are not real!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:27:27 am by Phishfan » Logged
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 06:32:26 pm »

I never said UFC Fight Pass gave you PPV's....SMH! Read what I wrote again. I said "You clearly don't know their business model with the UFC Fight Pass (their online service)  and how their pricing has also changed on the bar pricing package when they rolled out their UFC fight pass streaming service online. "

Did I ever say the PPV's are on fight pass? NO! I am saying when they came out with Fight Pass they changed ALL OF THEIR PRICING MODELS ACROSS THE BOARD BECAUSE THEIR BUSINESS OVERALL CHANGED!! So the bar price changed and went down!!! Hence, damn near every bar carries it now! They changed their entire business model and re-shaped it.  I'm done trying to bring you into reality. If you want to hold into incorrect beliefs and type alternative facts over and over again cause it makes you think you are oh so witty (even though its a played out term at this point) go for it.

I know what i am talking about and am correct.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 07:24:43 pm »

I think my job is done here. You have admitted you were either caught trying to pass off false information or you are only interested in a straw man argument since I have repeated that the discussion is about PPV fights.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:30:29 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 11:30:32 am »

I think my job is done here. You have admitted you were either caught trying to pass off false information or you are only interested in a straw man argument since I have repeated that the discussion is about PPV fights.

Not at all. I have said multiple times now that UFC changed their business model and pricing across the board...INCLUDING PPV's and their BAR PPV package when they rolled out their UFC Fight Pass service! Just because PPV's aren't provided on UFC Fight pass doesn't mean they didn't change their PPV and BAR PPV pricing at that time.  It's a simple concept to understand.  You refuse to accept that and I can't help you with that if you accept to refuse facts and ignore reality.

Enjoy your Sunday
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 12:55:40 pm »

The discussion regarding the popularity of NASCAR has ran its course.  Thread locked.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray