Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:03:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes  (Read 10064 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: April 27, 2017, 01:52:48 pm »

The 2017 NFL Draft starts this evening at 8:00 PM ET. Miami has 8 total picks in this draft:

Round 1, Pick 22 (22)
Round 2, Pick 22 (54)
Round 3, Pick 33 (97) (Comp)                  
Round 5, Pick 22 (166)
Round 5, Pick 35 (178) (Comp)
Round 5, Pick 41 (184) (Comp)
Round 7, Pick 5 (223) (From Rams)                  --   
Round 7, Pick 22 (240)

With the #22 pick in round one, and 10 minutes per pick in the first round, Miami should be making their first pick at around 11:30 tonight

Rounds 2-3 are on Friday night (draft starts at 7:00 PM ET), and teams are allowed 7 minutes per pick in round two and 5 minutes per pick in round 3. Since Miami has the 22nd and 65th pick of the evening, the estimated pick times for rounds 2 & 3 are 9:34 PM and 1:24 AM, respectively.

Rounds 4-7 are on Saturday (draft starts at Noon ET), and I'm not going to calculate the pick times for these, because if you're still watching the draft in rounds 4-7, you either have no life (like me), or your remote control is broken and you're locked on to the NFL Network for the duration.

The following is my personal "wish list" for the Miami Dolphins. I'm breaking it down by position, with early ("A" rds 1-2), mid ("B" rds 3-4) and late ("C" rds 5-7) prospects. The more of these players that Miami grabs, the happier I'll be.

ILB: 
A: Reuben Foster, Jarrad Davis, Zach Cunningham 
B: Duke Riley, Blair Brown 
C: Connor Harris

OLB/DE:
A: TJ Watt, Haason Reddick, Charles Harris, Taco Charlton 
B: Derek Rivers, Ryan Anderson 
C: Devonte Fields

OG:
A: Forrest Lamp, Dion Dawkins, 
B: Ethan Pocic, Jordan Morgan, Nico Siragusa 
C: Isaac Asiata, Jessamen Dunker

S:   
A: Obi Melifonwu, Jabrill Peppers 
B: Desmond King, Eddie Jackson 
C: Jordan Sterns

CB:
A: Honestly, most of them...particularly Adoree Jackson, Tredavious White
B: Sidney Jones (inj), Fabian Moreau, Brendan Langley
C: Rasul Douglas, Damontae Kazee

Which players are you guys lighting candles/praying to the Football Gods for?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

I'd be happy with Reuben Foster, Forrest Lamp, or pretty much anyone else in your "A" lists.

I'd not be happy if they take David Njoku, as TE is not a need, but I wouldn't exactly be too upset either.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:21:30 pm »

I just saw Mel Kiper's "final" mock draft, and I have to admit that I got goosebumps. In his mock, Cleveland gets nervous about Trubisky, and takes him #1 overall, leaving my 49ers to take the best player in the class, Myles Garrett. Kiper has Miami at #22 selecting...Reuben Foster.

Yeah, if both of those things happen, I'll spend the day tomorrow alternating between dancing around my office and offering sincere prayerful thanks to the Football Gods for blessing the two teams I love.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 05:11:10 pm »

Curious who does Kiper,and Mcshay have the Dolphins Mocked too?

Outside of the 1st round, I'm clueless,Most of the names seem ok to me,as I said in the Who do we not want...Harris from Missouri...I think it's because he's not good against the run.

I'm hoping we don't draft some guy in rd 1,that most of us have to Google to figure out who he is because the Dolphin think they are outsmarting everyone.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:57:14 pm »

Nice breakdown Stroke.  I'm not as familiar with all the players, so I'll say I'd like to see Miami take a LB in the first round, an OG/OT in the second round, a TE in the 3rd round (I seem to be hearing lately this is a great class for TE's, yet they are not mentioned much in mock drafts).  Then in the later rounds look for some CB/S's.  Perhaps bundle a couple 5th/7th round picks to move up to the 3rd or 4th rounds to pick up a player that has slipped.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 09:14:20 pm »

Cinci passes on Foster... I'm officially lighting candles here...

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 10:10:48 pm »

Five picks to go before Miami is in the clock...And Reuben Foster and Forrest Lamp are both still there, as is - shockingly - my #2 overall prospect, Jonathan Allen.

Candles are being lit and small woodland critters are being sacrificed to the Football God's.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 10:19:15 pm »

This draft is humming along... Miami's pick is going to be much sooner than expected.

And there goes Jonathan Allen to the Skins.

~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 10:26:02 pm »

I'd take Lamp over Foster if both were available. Lamp is a 10 year NFL starter while Foster can be amazing or out of the league within 4 years.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 10:32:00 pm »

With the Broncos pick, we will be able to select at least one of Foster or Lamp.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 10:34:34 pm »

Dave and I have been chatting during g the draft, and we both are hoping for Foster. I just don't agree with the projection. I see Foster as a game changing ILB, in the mold of a NaVorro Bowman.

~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 10:37:51 pm »

Lamp is the sure thing vs. the better upside in Foster, I would be happy with either of them.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 10:42:43 pm »

And Miami has their choice...

~ Micah Leggat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 10:43:52 pm »

Lamp is the sure thing vs. the better upside in Foster, I would be happy with either of them.

I would be ecstatic with either - a tough choice to make, but a nice dilemma to have.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 10:44:32 pm »

DE Charles Harris from lil_B's neck of the woods.

I like Harris, but still would've preferred either Foster or Lamp there

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray