Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:58:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes  (Read 10060 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 10:44:41 pm »

I would be ecstatic with either - a tough choice to make, but a nice dilemma to have.

... and we pick neither of them! Tongue Roll Eyes
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »

It was a definite need and a solid pick. Can't complain. All the "experts" are saying something came up with Reuben's medical about his shoulder and that's why he is dropping so far.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 10:47:20 pm »

DE Charles Harris from lil_B's neck of the woods.

I like Harris, but still would've preferred either Foster or Lamp there

He's a solid player but Foster is a great player who can be a game changer.  I think we screwed the pooch.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 10:53:00 pm »

The upside to that pick is that maybe SF can find a way to bounce up and take Foster. Lord knows we need a middle linebacker.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 10:58:10 pm »

Not what I expected at all
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:28 pm »

So the reports I see say he is a great pass rusher but he struggles to set the edge. We gave up a million yards on the ground around our defensive ends last year. Looks like that won't change.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »

^^^ Miami still has picks to use to address's the run-D, but I hear ya...An unexpected pick for sure.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 11:32:27 pm »

Holy shit...SF has traded back into round one.

Come on, Miners...Grab Foster and make my fucking night!!

~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 11:39:16 pm »

So the reports I see say he is a great pass rusher but he struggles to set the edge. We gave up a million yards on the ground around our defensive ends last year. Looks like that won't change.
You can be taught how to set the edge and he has Cam Wake to teach him how to do that. You can't teach the speed and athleticism he has off the edge rushing the passer. I didn't really think Foster was a good fit in Miami. Lamp would have been a good pick, but I'm fine with the pick. Cam isn't gonna be around forever.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:06 pm »

Holy shit...SF has traded back into round one.

Come on, Miners...Grab Foster and make my fucking night!!

Someone is very happy tonight  Wink
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 11:44:29 pm »

Oh, hell yes...Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster is a nice duo to help our atrociously bad defense.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 11:52:49 pm »

And SF only had to give up the extra 4th rounder from the Chicago trade to bounce back into round 1 for Foster. For Lynch's first draft, I am damned impressed.

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 12:01:28 am »

You can be taught how to set the edge and he has Cam Wake to teach him how to do that. You can't teach the speed and athleticism he has off the edge rushing the passer. I didn't really think Foster was a good fit in Miami. Lamp would have been a good pick, but I'm fine with the pick. Cam isn't gonna be around forever.

Haha ... who's going to teach Cam to set the edge? He's a pass rusher and not a run stopper just like the guy we drafted. It's a good thing we have a great run defense. Oh wait .. we don't. We had the 15th best defense against the pass but were 30th against the run. An edge setter or someone who can stop the run would have been great.

Congrats Stroke! Looks like Lynch is working hard.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 12:05:13 am »

^^^ agreed, though Trent Baalke set the bar pretty low. ;-)

~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 12:31:45 am »

Haha ... who's going to teach Cam to set the edge? He's a pass rusher and not a run stopper just like the guy we drafted. It's a good thing we have a great run defense. Oh wait .. we don't. We had the 15th best defense against the pass but were 30th against the run. An edge setter or someone who can stop the run would have been great.
Cam is pretty good in run defense, he just doesn't get any credit for it. The problem with the run defense was not the defensive line for the most part, it was the LB's. Timmons coming in to take over the middle and moving Alonso to the outside will help, but we still need to bring in another LB in the draft. Yeah the run defense was a problem and it still will be next year, but it's better to have trouble stopping the run then it is to have trouble defending the pass. You can mitigate a poor run defense by getting a lead. If the other team wants to run the ball and chew up clock, that's not such a terrible thing. With a team that can't stop the pass, no lead is safe. Expect to see more games like they had last year where Miami just tries to keep the game close and outplay the opponent in the 4th quarter. It worked last year.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray