Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:08:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes  (Read 9996 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2017, 12:02:34 pm »

I'm pretty much with Baba on this one...Miami's run-D isn't going to get jacked up by getting corners that can tackle. Raekwon McMillan...he can tackle just fine. Tankersley is a good size/speed/length corner with solid production against top college competition, and has a pretty high ceiling. Give him some good coaching to polish up his technique a bit, let his frame fill out just a little, and he could end up being a very good press corner for Miami.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2017, 01:27:18 pm »

Hey Sun, is there a starting caliber guard left in the draft that Miami could realistically get?
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2017, 02:35:41 pm »

I'm holding hope for OL Isaac Asiata (but it's fading fast we're a long ways to Miami Picks), with Nico Siragusa,Jordan Morgan,and Dorian Johnson off the board already...

I'm ok with the DB,Armando Selgero (sp?) mentioned lastnight mabe the Dolphins really liked Tankersley.I was more shocked hearing Mike Mayock talk about him,but with the Dolphins front office it doesn't surprise me one bit.

We Traded up in the 5th round and took OL Isaac Asiata!

Excuse me,while I go sit in my kayak and wait to float away. Cheesy

Ok, 1 last thing, more of personal wish...Dolphins with the last pick snag LB Dylan Cole form Mo. state,yeah a special teamer flyer pick....

Ok, now I shall go float away.... Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:06:50 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2017, 03:11:30 pm »

Yeah, I just saw the Asiata pick...very solid late round pick for Miami. Since I really don't see a safety left that I like, I hope Miami doubles up on OG with their next pick and takes Adam Bisnowaty, from Pitt. He's being projected as a guard, but he could pop out to RT if needed.

My 49ers didn't get the RB I wanted, Donnel Pumphrey. Philly snagged him, and my Eagles fan buddy immediately texted me to say "Hey, isn't Pumphrey the RB that you really wanted?"

Yeah, that's what friends are for...    Undecided

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2017, 04:07:31 pm »

Our Guard situation is so dire, kind of hard to see this kid  not get one of the two spots.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2017, 04:59:57 pm »

I'm okay with everything so far. 
I like Harris.  Just hope he isn't a one trick pony with that spin move and I wish he was better against the run.
McMillan will help the run defense.  I liked Cunningham better, but I didn't see a huge difference where I had them rated, I just think Cunningham is more well rounded.
Tankersley might be my least favorite pick so far.  In a draft that is VERY deep with Cornerbacks, I think there were better options still out there.
I'm digging Asiata in the 5th round.  Not many quality Guards this year so I had him going anywhere between the 3rd and 5th round and I even picked him in a couple of my mock drafts.
Godchaux is another guy that I picked in one of my mocks and I also had him slated between the 3rd and 5th round.

All in all, I'm very happy that the Fins used every pick so far on a position of need.  Time will tell about the quality of each of these guys but I don't hate any of the picks.  It has been a very enjoyable draft this year with all the trades, etc. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2017, 05:56:10 pm »

They've addressed every need except safety in this draft.  Even down to CB and DT depth.  This is how championship teams are built.  Role players and depth, which allow superstars like Wake, Jones, Alonso, etc. To shine.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2017, 11:57:10 am »

I'm kind of just blah about the draft. I see potential upside down the road but when your 5th round pick is the most likely to start of the bunch it says two things to me. One ... this draft was for the future and not so much this year. And two .. when the 5th round pick is likely starter material how bad does your line have to be? If it's that bad it seems they would have addressed it earlier.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »

I'm kind of just blah about the draft. I see potential upside down the road but when your 5th round pick is the most likely to start of the bunch it says two things to me. One ... this draft was for the future and not so much this year. And two .. when the 5th round pick is likely starter material how bad does your line have to be? If it's that bad it seems they would have addressed it earlier.

Our O-Line is fine....except our Guards which are the worst in the NFL. A 5th round rookie is the favorite to start IMO.

As far as the draft for the future goes, maybe management and coaching realize that this may not have been a 10-6 team. Our defense and offense were both below average, yet we toughed out a few wins. So, drafting that Boom or Bust player may not have been wise for a team that isn't just one or two players away from the Superbowl.

The draft was about a B-. It filled positions of need but no one should make an immediate impact except for our 5th rounder.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2017, 04:23:24 pm »

I know we have a lot of Omar fans in here (just kidding) but I think he summed up the Dolphins draft pretty well. "... the Dolphins have improved the roster’s overall depth, and added a more impactful tight end duo but the Dolphins haven’t closed the gap on the reigning AFC powers when it comes to talent.

The bottom line is that Miami’s floor has been raised, but the ceiling has not."

I keep reminding myself that Gase said .... and I'm paraphrasing ... he isn't going anywhere regardless of who else has to go and that he was assured to be here for several years before expectations were win or go home. I think this draft clearly shows they aren't risking our future on the here and now.  Can we win now? Yes ... but it will have to be the players on the roster prior to the draft having to step it up more than counting on most of the rookies from the draft. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »

Everyone is putting too much emphasis on who is going to start. It's not who starts, it's who finishes the game that matters. If the Dolphins are up by 7 with 2 mins to go who do you want in the game, a bunch of run stuffers or guys who can defend the pass and get to the QB? This is who they drafted. Gase is obviously PLANNING on the other team playing catch up more than the Dolphins. If the Dolphins hadn't been 10-6 last year, maybe I would question that philosophy but at this point I'm not.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2017, 06:58:48 pm »

Harris over Foster seems like a wise choice. Kyle Shanahan just said Reuben Foster may miss the entire 2017 season
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray