Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:49:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Draft: Predictions/Hopes  (Read 10005 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2017, 01:12:26 pm »

As the draft progressed last night I became more and more optimistic that Miami was going to get a great position player they needed.  Then when they were about two picks away all I could think was "Don't F this up!".  I thought for sure the pick would be Lamp or Peppers, or possibly Foster, then when the pick came in all I could think was F*@% that's the guy Lil B didn't want them to draft.  Then watching his highlight reel he reminded me of Jason Taylor and I felt a little better; then I thought F*@% that's what they said about Dion Jordan.  So, I'm at a loss.  I trust this Head Coach, so only time will tell.  We were going to need a DE next year, I just wish the Dolphins drafted more of a developmental guy in a later round.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »

Or Von Miller

Not with that shoulder...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2017, 03:28:38 pm »

Not with that shoulder...

Would you send me over the X-rays and the rest of his medical files once you're finished reviewing them, Dr. Rich?

Thanxaheap!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2017, 03:34:49 pm »

Would you send me over the X-rays and the rest of his medical files once you're finished reviewing them, Dr. Rich?

Thanxaheap!

Ask the 30 teams that passed on him when he was supposed to be a top 10 prospect.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2017, 09:34:28 pm »

I'd rather just ask the one that took him and ignore the others
..But it's been fun as fuck chatting about it.

[/End]

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2017, 09:36:22 pm »

Raekwon McMillan should have been listed on my ILB list on the A/B border... I like the pick.

~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2017, 09:44:49 pm »

Solid pick, glad we went defense again. Hope we draft a Guard in the 3rd round and then everything else is just best player available.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »

I like Cunningham athleticism, but he's kind of small.  I'm good with who they picked.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2017, 10:15:02 pm »

I think it comes down to this for me. He's going to be a back-up to Wake and Branch so that he can take over once they are gone ... ala several other guys we've had for the same reason. I'd like to have selected a starter that has more impact than situational swaps. I want someone who can help us win games now. I think that's what the first round is for.
Backup is a misnomer these days. Everyone is a situational player. Cam Wake might not start this year. Expect to see Branch and Hayes on running downs and Wake and Harris on passing downs. Depending upon how the game goes, Harris may get more snaps than either Wake or Branch. Harris will help us win games now AND in the future and THAT'S what the first round is for.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2017, 11:08:52 pm »

There are three OGs that should go within the next round or so that I'd be OK with seeing in a Miami uniform, Dorian Johnson, Isaac Asiata and Nico Siragusa. The small school kid I mentioned earlier in thread, Jordan Morgan, might last until Rd 5, but not much further.

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2017, 11:25:09 pm »

There are three OGs that should go within the next round or so that I'd be OK with seeing in a Miami uniform, Dorian Johnson, Isaac Asiata and Nico Siragusa. The small school kid I mentioned earlier in thread, Jordan Morgan, might last until Rd 5, but not much further
I thought for sure we'd select Johnson but noooo ... we take a freaking DB who not only can't stop the run ... he refuses to even try many times. Dude thinks he is Deion Sanders.  I really don't understand our thinking.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2017, 11:54:41 pm »

Came out this morning Johnson has been removed from many teams draft boards for medical red flags. More than one medical issue.

Tankersley is a fine pick. His 2015 season was amazing. Last year with 8 INT's. I don't care if a CB can come up and tackle on a run, not why a team drafts a CB. If we are hoping a CB is helping our run stuffing game then we have much bigger issues. Can he cover and can he run. This kid can. For pick #97 its a good pick
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2017, 11:59:05 pm »

If we are hoping a CB is helping our run stuffing game then we have much bigger issues.
Not sure where you set your bar but we are 30th against the run. I'd consider that a pretty big issue.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2017, 12:07:57 am »

Came out this morning Johnson has been removed from many teams draft boards for medical red flags. More than one medical issue.

Tankersley is a fine pick. His 2015 season was amazing. Last year with 8 INT's. I don't care if a CB can come up and tackle on a run, not why a team drafts a CB. If we are hoping a CB is helping our run stuffing game then we have much bigger issues. Can he cover and can he run. This kid can. For pick #97 its a good pick
I agree, good pick.  We're in the third round and this guy has starting lineup capabilities.

I'm liking this draft so far, addressing every need on defense.  We do need a guard though, and it might be tough finding value in the later rounds
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2017, 05:56:58 am »

Not sure where you set your bar but we are 30th against the run. I'd consider that a pretty big issue.

He's a CB. Our run defense isn't hinging on if our CB's can tackle vs the run. That is all to do with DT's, DE's, and LB's let's keep it real
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray