Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:06:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Random Draft Musings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Random Draft Musings  (Read 3534 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:20:13 pm »

Consider this kind of a digital notepad for draft thoughts not related to those Phunky Phins... Please feel free (or relatively cheap, anyway) to chime in on anything draft related.

* Jets have drafted safeties with their first two picks. Adams, I like a lot. Mayes, not so much. The Unholy Dickwads...um, I mean the Jets have many, many needs aside from safety. I don't see them improving dramatically because of their draft...

* The Bills, on the other hand, have been nothing short of fucking brilliant. CB Tredavious White is a rock, WR Zay Jones could end up as their best WR, and OG Dion Dawkins...well, see the Dolphins wish list thread for the consensus on him. Buffalo will be a better team in the coming years. Let us all just take a moment to offer up a sincere prayer that they don't find a real QB any time soon.

* The 49ers just traded away one of their early 3rd rounders to the Saints for a 2nd rounder next year...and the Saints snatched up RB Alvin Kamara from Tenn, an excellent pick. I'm a little pissed about this trade though, as I wanted Kamara for SF. He would have been a perfect "passing back, change of pace, lighten the load" complement back for Carlos Hyde. I understand what Lynch is doing, stockpiling draft currency for the better-QB class of 2018, in case their not-so-covert plan to lure Kirk Cousins doesn't pan out.. but I still think this was a missed opportunity for my beloved Niners. PS...If they take SDSU RB Donnel Pumphrey here in the next round or so (a poor man's Kamara), all will be forgiven...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:55:51 pm »

Keeping it in state ... I think both Tampa and Jax got better. Both have added some solid talent.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 11:57:32 pm »

Jets have Calvin Pryor who they just took in Rd 1 a couple years back. Taking 2 safeties makes zero sense especially since the Jets offense is utter dog crap right now.

Bills first 2 picks are just replacements for guys they lost (Gillmore and Woods)....so are they better overall...probably not. Bills o-line was good anyway Dawkins is nice but how much better can he make their o-line, they already led the league or were 2nd or up there in total rushing. Not impressed with Bills draft.

49ers, Browns are winning this draft. I mean they might not win more than 4 games combined next year but they are planting seeds for years to come
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 02:40:20 pm »

I've seen rumors Jets have been shopping Sheldon Richardson (Richardson rumors again Yesterday),and Calvin Pryor.

The Pryor rumors -https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/jets-shopping-calvin-pryor
The Richardson rumors -https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/jets-shopping-sheldon-richardson-again
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:42:26 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 03:07:07 pm »

Random thoughts:

Patriots 3rd pick was Wise.

Bronco's grab Butt

Colts selection process is for the apes.

Chargers light up their OL with Lamp.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 09:34:11 pm »

Chargers light up their OL with Lamp.

He actually got an endorsement deal with a lamp company

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 07:32:05 pm »

* The Bills, on the other hand, have been nothing short of fucking brilliant. CB Tredavious White is a rock, WR Zay Jones could end up as their best WR, and OG Dion Dawkins...well, see the Dolphins wish list thread for the consensus on him. Buffalo will be a better team in the coming years. Let us all just take a moment to offer up a sincere prayer that they don't find a real QB any time soon.

Well the Pegula's must not have thought so, they fired GM Whaley along with the entire scouting team.  LOL
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 07:35:36 pm »

This was an excellent draft for both the 49ers and Browns, now if their respective owners can stay out of the way they may be on their way.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 03:46:38 am »

Well the Pegula's must not have thought so, they fired GM Whaley along with the entire scouting team.  LOL

That's pure idiocy right there.   Why do that right after the draft?  The new GM might not have the same philosophy and might not want these players

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 05:56:32 am »

That's pure idiocy right there.   Why do that right after the draft?  The new GM might not have the same philosophy and might not want these players

Because a scouting team works 365 days a year. And to get a jump on NEXT years draft you want to get the "new team" in place now as early as possible to start work for next April.  Most teams fire scouts they no longer want and such the day after the draft
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 10:39:50 am »

Best time to fire a coach is after the end of the season, GM/scout after the draft.  I am no fan of the Bills but that is the smart way to do it.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 12:30:54 pm »

The funny thing is that most people feel the team had a good draft.  The Pegula's seem to like change.  They've done the same with management of their NHL franchise Buffalo Sabers.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 12:34:22 pm »

Best time to fire a coach is after the end of the season, GM/scout after the draft.  I am no fan of the Bills but that is the smart way to do it.

I disagree, you fire the GM at the end of the season, or once you are out of playoff contention, thereby giving your new management at least four months to research players.  Why would you let your old GM saddle you with future players you don't want?
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 06:47:01 pm »

I disagree, you fire the GM at the end of the season, or once you are out of playoff contention, thereby giving your new management at least four months to research players.  Why would you let your old GM saddle you with future players you don't want?

Whaley didn't make one pick this weekend. McDermott ran the draft.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 08:48:52 am »

As impressed as I was with the 49ers draft in general, I think they have done just as well in the UDFA signings. They got what I felt were three of the best of the undrafted, S Lorenzo Jerome, OG/OT Erik Magnuson and WR KD Cannon.

Lots of new young talent for a roster that needs it badly, a young HC and GM in secure 6-year contracts, extra draft capital for next year and a slew of quality QBs, both rookies and FAs, just around the corner in 2018.

It's easy for a fan to start getting a little optimistic here. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray