Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:33:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Signings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Signings  (Read 1040 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:28:33 am »

As everyone knows, when the draft ends, the player signings hardly slow down at all. Every team wants to sign the best rookies who slipped through the cracks, or the ones they wanted to draft, but just didn't have the extra picks. These are the Rookie UDFAs, and in most cases, they are destined for either a quick look and then a cut, or a longer look on the practice squad. Rarely do Rookie UDFAs provide significant impact, but some blossom and eventually become solid contributors.

Miami has been busy, signing "at least" 14 players. A couple of these guys I know from my predraft research, but the majority of them I know absolutely nothing about.

P  Matt Haack, Arizona State
DE  Cameron Malveaux, Houston
WR  Drew Morgan, Arkansas
WR  Malcom Lewis, Miami
RB  De'Veon Smith, Michigan
CB  Torry McTyer, UNLV
DE  Praise Martin-Oguike, Temple
CB  Larry Hope, Akron
OT  Eric Smith, Virginia
WR  Damore'ea Stringfellow, Mississippi
DB  Maurice Smith, Georgia
LB  Chase Allen, Southern Illinois
DE  Joby Saint Fleur, Oklahoma State
WR  Francis Owusu, Stanford

In this case, I know two of the WRs, Stringfellow and Owusu, and both are solid players that I expected would get drafted. Same with RB De'Veon Smith and the OT, Eric Smith.

Pretty solid group there...a good "Part 2" to Miami's draft.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 10:25:57 pm »

There was a lot of talent in this draft that slipped through the cracks.  Several guys who might've gone in the 5th or 6th rounds in prior years didn't get drafted at all.  That's why this is known as the "Second Draft".  It's a chance to fill unaddressed needs and hopefully uncover that diamond in the rough.  I could put together a Super Bowl caliber team of UDFAs. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:56:12 am »

Yeah, Langley is a good one as well. I think there's a good chance he makes Denver's roster as a return guy this year.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 12:28:46 pm »

I think I'm a bit shocked at the number of Wr's,quick glance at a few of them 3 out 4 of those Wr's are 6' and bigger. (only Malcom Lewis of Miami is under 6') Grin

The guy I was rooting for Dylan Cole went undrafted,and signed with Houston 3yr 1.6 mil minutes after the draft.It was reported locally,that the Jets,Dolphins,and Bucs all offered him contracts. Which made me happy at least the Dolphins tried... Embarrassed  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:31:00 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray