Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:08:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Damien Williams hasn’t signed RFA tender from Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Damien Williams hasn’t signed RFA tender from Dolphins  (Read 1400 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 03, 2017, 07:08:39 pm »

What do you think he is trying to prove as he clearly isn't going to get more money sitting at home. He either plays for Miami or he doesn't play at all.  The Dolphins have clearly shown they will support their own and they also want responsible leaders. Landry is playing ball with the Dolphins and makes Williams look even worse. He should take the raise he was given and then take his show on the road next year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »

This is crazy!!  I like Williams he had some great plays last year, but he was the backup, had 296 rushing yards and 578 receiving yards.  BUT Miami signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2014, and last year was the first season he made significant contributions.  The Dolphins offered to triple his pay to $1.8 million, more than fair for a backup running back in this league.  Heck, Adrian Peterson had to settle for a $3.5 million/year, with only one year guaranteed.  Back to the point, compare Williams to Ajayi, who was drafted in the 5th round in 2015, and was the starter and performed much better than Williams; Ajayi had to sign a rookie contract for four years for $2.5 million total ($625K per year), with only his signing bonus of $220K guaranteed.  So Williams is going to get paid triple what the starter ahead of him is getting paid (and triple what he would get had he been drafted), and he's complaining he should get more??  Teams had the option to sign him to a higher contract and no team made an offer.

With this kind of attitude I hope he sits out; Kenyan Drake had a good rookie season as the third stringer and could probably step up to easily take Williams place.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:42:05 pm »

I've never much liked Williams, so I don't be sad to see him go.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:35:17 am »

He must be getting really bad advice from his agent and he isn't sharp enough to realize it.  Because this is a crazy stance that he is taking.  3rd string RBs are not exactly hard to come by in the NFL and beyond that, he has zero negotiation leverage. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 09:32:04 am »

Very hard to side with the player on this one. Sign and get your ass in camp.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 11:04:04 am »

A lot of times you will hear the phrase "He has no leverage", but they really mean he has very little leverage. Now, he truly has no leverage. It's the tender or he retires from football. He isn't some guy who had a breakout year and wants a new contract, he is clearly 2nd string at best and that's that. No other team wanted him and the deadline has passed to sign him even if they did.

Retire or play.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 12:07:55 pm »

+1 to Phish,and Edgecrusher...

I always seem to be bothered by Williams in the passing game,He's open,good throw,and he'd drop it... Huh

If he's there fine, but if not...Bye,bye...

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 12:47:22 pm »

I always seem to be bothered by Williams in the passing game,He's open,good throw,and he'd drop it... Huh

Interesting take. I'll admit I don't have any recollection either way but I just read something this morning saying he hasn't dropped a pass in two years.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 01:14:56 pm »

^^ You are probably right  Embarrassed ,It's the only thing in my mind that stands out when I hear Damien Williams,is the 1 or 2 passes on third down,or along the sideline maybe,and he couldn't get it, or dropped it...

Modified to add, I saw in The Miami Herald article on him about the plays he made this past season, I didn't remember any of them... Embarrassed
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:06:42 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 06:06:27 pm »

If he's there fine, but if not...Bye,bye...

Yeah you couldn't be more wrong. The stats don't back you up.Williams was actually one of the best pass catching RB's in the entire NFL last year. LOOK HERE...https://twitter.com/PFF/status/860120864045531138
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 03:55:42 pm »

Armando ... "Running back Damien Williams has signed his restricted free agent tender. He will now join offseason conditioning."

I guess he finally figured out he was out of options.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 04:48:45 pm »

Congrats to Damien on opting out of retirement.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray