Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:06:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  My new direction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: My new direction  (Read 4572 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: May 04, 2017, 07:35:56 pm »

This is an explanation of my post in the Tannehill thread.

I have decided, in the wake of Super Bowl LI, that I will now take the view of the mainstream media.  This means that the quarterback is responsible for his team's win and loss record.

Every other player on his team does not matter.  What happens in the games does not matter.  If the team wins, it is because of the quarterback.  If the team loses, it is because of the quarterback. 

I used to believe that comparing quarterbacks on their teams victories cannot be trusted.  After all there are so many players on his own team that also can affect the outcome of games.  To say nothing of the fact that the players and coaches on the other team can have an effect too. 

I now realize how stupid I was to hold this belief.  Therefore, Ryan Tannehill is why Miami has only one playoff appearance in the last five seasons. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 08:01:46 pm »

"Dan Marino was a bum"

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 02:25:58 am »

I have deleted a post consisting solely of a personal attack.

Please do not post personal attacks.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 08:39:06 am »

Words fail me. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 09:16:04 am »

So was Trent Dilfer the reason the Raven won a Superbowl?  Was Brad Johnson the reason the Bucs won their Superbowl?  QB isn't all there is cuzzy.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 11:02:34 am »

I have deleted a post consisting solely of a personal attack.

Please do not post personal attacks.

It's really hard after a post like this.

That said, think about what you just said D4L and reflect on it. The media (especially when talking about sports writers) has a job and that is to publish things to draw readers, not necessarily speak the truth
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:04:47 am by Phishfan » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 11:12:18 am »

I can't help but think that this post is meant as satire.  But without context or tone, you never know.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 11:33:55 am »

I can't help but think that this post is meant as satire.  But without context or tone, you never know.
Dave, it's D4L.  There is no intended satire here, and you know it Cheesy.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 01:38:49 pm »

So was Trent Dilfer the reason the Raven won a Superbowl?  Was Brad Johnson the reason the Bucs won their Superbowl?  QB isn't all there is cuzzy.

Those guys are the exception, not the rule.   That being said, it looks like D4L is cherry picking stats to make his point look good

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 02:03:49 pm »

Let's throw Peyton Manning's last Super Bowl in there as well.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 02:31:11 pm »

But...but...but...

Dave, it's D4L.  There is no intended satire here, and you know it Cheesy.

...exactly.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »

This is an explanation of my post in the Tannehill thread.

I have decided, in the wake of Super Bowl LI, that I will now take the view of the mainstream media.  This means that the quarterback is responsible for his team's win and loss record.

Every other player on his team does not matter.  What happens in the games does not matter.  If the team wins, it is because of the quarterback.  If the team loses, it is because of the quarterback. 

I used to believe that comparing quarterbacks on their teams victories cannot be trusted.  After all there are so many players on his own team that also can affect the outcome of games.  To say nothing of the fact that the players and coaches on the other team can have an effect too. 

I now realize how stupid I was to hold this belief.  Therefore, Ryan Tannehill is why Miami has only one playoff appearance in the last five seasons. 

I seriously think this is the best position for you to take.  At least now I will no longer have to listen to your diatribes about how the kicker or officiating was the result of the games outcome.  Having you limit it to the QB is very good news, now every SOG will be the losing QB.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 05:52:24 pm »

"Dan Marino was a bum"

I used to believe he was one of the best, if the not the best quarterback, ever to play the game.

But, now, since Super Bowls are the defining characteristics of quarterbacks, we should remove him from that discussion.  Heck, he should not even been in the Hall of Fame.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »

It's really hard after a post like this.

That said, think about what you just said D4L and reflect on it. The media (especially when talking about sports writers) has a job and that is to publish things to draw readers, not necessarily speak the truth

Interesting.... Maybe that's why Prisco and that other guy posted those ludicrous things after the Super Bowl about bad calls. Just one problem:  THEY WEREN'T BAD CALLS.  Unbelievable.

Some guy posted an article with a video claiming the Patriots got away with a face-mask.  Just one problem: the video shows the FALCONS players grabs the PATRIOT defender's face mask first. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:01:28 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 05:58:40 pm »

I used to think this was the case, but after watching this year's Super Bowl, I decided that the quarterback is responsible for the game's outcome.

I also used to disagree with statements such as, "Quarterback X had so and so," but he didn't win.  I thought that was misleading.  I thought that, to be objective, you had to actually look at the games and how they played out.  Like, the author of the mini-book on Tannehill does. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray