Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Time for Ring of Dishonor-Dion Jordan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Time for Ring of Dishonor-Dion Jordan  (Read 3652 times)
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« on: May 14, 2017, 03:57:36 pm »

It's been more than 10 years since the last entry to this ignoble list of wretchedness.

But is anyone more deserving than Dion Jordan, the biggest bust in Dolphin History? What say you all?

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:12:24 pm »

Not before Nick Saban.
And I'd also argue Joe Philbin did more damage.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 04:43:06 pm »

I really do not get either of those picks Spider. Nick didn't hurt the franchise. He just left for someone else.  Philbin didn't really either unless you count the draft and we've had plenty of bad drafts to go around.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:25:16 pm »

I vote yes.   Evil Evil Evil

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 06:20:17 pm »

I find it a bizarre idea that we can induct someone into the ROD for being a bad player, but not someone who picks a BUNCH of bad players.

Anyway, I wasn't specifically talking about Saban and Philbin's terrible drafts.  I was talking about Saban's choice to give up draft picks in a trade for Culpepper rather than sign Brees, and Philbin's propensity to run his best players off the team for poor attitude while somehow simultaneously having an out-of-control Lord of the Flies reenactment happening in the locker room under his nose.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:24:25 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

doctord56
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »

I agree Sagan is a worthy candidate, there is a backlog after 10 years. It just seems to me than Dion Jordan is the platonic ideal of wasted talent, sloth, foolishness, and dishonor.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 07:24:40 pm »

How do you induct Saben & philben, but leave out one win cameron? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
doctord56
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 08:25:41 pm »

Another worthy candidate is Cameron. Both Philbin and Cameron were classic examples of the Peter Principle---both promoted to their level of incompetence, where they failed miserably. Both were inept as head coaches and worthy of dishonor.

I just view Dion Jordan as especially deserving (or undeserving), given the high hopes and his resultant self-inflicted recklessness and stupidity leading to multiple suspensions and the waste of a ton of talent. He covered Gronkowski stride for stride, but....nothing. Philbin and Cameron were never going to be successful. If Jordan had half a brain or an ounce of sense he could have and should have been.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 08:33:38 pm »

I find it a bizarre idea that we can induct someone into the ROD for being a bad player, but not someone who picks a BUNCH of bad players.

Anyway, I wasn't specifically talking about Saban and Philbin's terrible drafts.  I was talking about Saban's choice to give up draft picks in a trade for Culpepper rather than sign Brees, and Philbin's propensity to run his best players off the team for poor attitude while somehow simultaneously having an out-of-control Lord of the Flies reenactment happening in the locker room under his nose.
I'm perfectly fine throwing all of them in, in whatever order.  All of them are trash.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 08:50:46 am »

You can make whatever arguments you want for Philbin, Cameron, Saban, etc, but if "The Biggest Draft Bust in Franchise History" isn't in your Ring of Dishonor, well...there's no honor in that. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 05:51:12 pm »

Who didn't draft Brees when he came out of college?

I think that was Wannestedt.

Also, who was responsible for drafting Eddie Moore instead of Anquan Boldin.

I think that was also Wannestedt. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:06 pm »

I nominate Steve Bartman.

If he doesn't interfere with that fly ball in the 2003 NLCS

- The Cubs win the pennant
- Miami eliminates the infield from it's football stadium
- Mare doesn't miss those two big kicks against NE that Sunday
- Miami wins that game and goes on the win the division
- The Patriots lose that game and their season goes quietly by the wayside

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 06:49:04 pm »

In the 2003 NFL season, NE finished 14-2 and MIA finished 10-6.

I am unsure how switching the results of one game results in a 4 game swing.

edit: Olindo Mare is not a QB.  Therefore, as per your recent post, he had no impact on the outcome of the game.  Q.E.D.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:55:41 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 09:52:44 pm »

In the 2003 NFL season, NE finished 14-2 and MIA finished 10-6.

I am unsure how switching the results of one game results in a 4 game swing.

edit: Olindo Mare is not a QB.  Therefore, as per your recent post, he had no impact on the outcome of the game.  Q.E.D.

I thought momentum played a role in football seasons.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:55:37 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 01:19:25 am »

Which of the following coaches also had a say in the draft?

Saban
Cameron
Sparano
Philbin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray