Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:38:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Is there a non-biased news source left?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Is there a non-biased news source left?  (Read 9549 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 05:11:37 pm »

Dude...THEY BOTH LIE!  A LOT!

While Obama made some promises he didn't keep, occasionally misspoke, sometimes got things wrong and certainly framed issues to his liking....he generally was honest with the American people.  Trump is a pathological liar.  There is a difference.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »

I do watch PBSnewshour (not every night,but a couple of times a week),and Washington week.

I don't watch any cable news,So called experts,yelling at each other,talking over each other isn't news...Nor do I find any of the Cable "news" channels newsworthy,and bore me to tears...I could care less about their political bias/slants

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 05:52:15 pm »

Dude...THEY BOTH LIE!  A LOT!
And here's the problem:

I could try to cite a fact-checking organization to show that although all politicians lie, the right does so much more frequently AND to a greater degree than the left does.  But any fact-checking organization that presents such data will immediately and necessarily be criticized for liberal bias!

This is the point.  We cannot reasonably talk about bias in fact-checking organizations when one side simply says, "If you say the facts are against me, You Are Biased."  In that reality, there are no such things as fact-checkers... there are simply "organizations who disagree with us" and "organizations who don't."  The so-called "fact-checkers" are just another cog in the liberal media conspiracy, along with the so-called "scientists."

So I'll repeat myself: what is an example of a fact-checking organization that does not have a "liberal bias"?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:54:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 06:56:28 pm »

While Obama made some promises he didn't keep, occasionally misspoke, sometimes got things wrong and certainly framed issues to his liking....he generally was honest with the American people.  Trump is a pathological liar.  There is a difference.

Obama White House and Hillary Clinton lied repeatedly to the American people about the nature of and reasons for the 2012 terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya, even as they privately acknowledged what caused them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3663919/Hillary-Obama-administration-lied-Benghazi-video-story-turn-just-8-weeks-election-says-GOP-congressman-Republicans-release-scathing-report-2012-terror-attack.html#ixzz4hHincTeR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And as a result Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the Coptic Christian whose short video “The Innocence of Muslims” was initially faulted for sparking the Sept. 11, 2012 terror attack at U.S. diplomatic compounds in Libya, is now living in a homeless shelter run by First Southern Baptist Church in Buena Park, Calif. He has served time in prison, been shamed publicly by the White House and threatened with death.

Yep ... that Obama guy is "generally honest"

I wouldn't expect anything any different in hear but even my liberal gay friends are like .... quit whining and get over it. Somehow we have to find a way to get news like the old days before people like Dan Rather put a spin on it. All of the major news stations put their slant into everything and if you don't think "your people" do then you need to take a look at yourself.  The US is killing itself to try and make everyone believe as they do ... no matter the cost. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 07:04:03 pm »

Just to be clear about that link CF just posted:

That is not an article by the Daily Mail accusing Obama and Hillary of lying.  That is an article by the Daily Mail in which they are reporting that the Republicans in Congress wrote an 800-page-long report in which they repeatedly accuse Obama and Hillary of lying.

"Republicans accuse Democrats of lying" is not a very compelling example of both sides lie.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 07:09:47 pm »

the Republicans in Congress wrote an 800-page-long report in which they repeatedly falselyaccuse Obama and Hillary of lying.

Corrected for greater accuracy.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 09:19:41 pm »

this is a fairly accurate graphic about news organizations and ideological leanings
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 01:19:03 am »

Haha ... that's pretty funny Fau and I mean that literally. The same network that dumped their #2 conservative comedy show has unbiased news? And you're saying the the same thing with NBC news? I mean they have people who even admit to making up stories.

Nice article from the Washington Post titled "Dear Mainstream Media: Why so liberal?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2017/01/27/dear-mainstream-media-why-so-liberal/?utm_term=.beb5537695ea

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 02:31:39 am »

This that same bullshit.  Yes, the NYT employees more reporters that are democrats than republicans, that is not bias. Because the paper holds both democrats and republicans accountable in its reporting.  Fox on the other hand is a republican proganda machine.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 09:33:25 am »

Just to be clear about that link CF just posted:

That is not an article by the Daily Mail accusing Obama and Hillary of lying.  That is an article by the Daily Mail in which they are reporting that the Republicans in Congress wrote an 800-page-long report in which they repeatedly accuse Obama and Hillary of lying.

"Republicans accuse Democrats of lying" is not a very compelling example of both sides lie.

Also, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula has been arrested and jailed numerous times. Reasons include; intent to make meth and the violation of probation for that as well as bank fraud (in which he was a snitch for a lighter sentence) and the violation of that probation as well.

This is not a result of his video as much as his life choices.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 11:42:19 am »

Fau, I used my extremely terrible MSpaint skills to "correct" your chart for our inherent liberal bias.  This is the unbiased version:

On a separate note, I would just like to add:

The same network that dumped their #2 conservative comedy show has unbiased news?
That's right: if you cancel your "#2 conservative comedy show" (?????!) that means your news division is hopelessly in the tank for the Democrats.

There is no slight too trivial to offend conservative perception of the media.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:49:31 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 04:28:14 pm »

I thought they cancelled the show because Tim Allen is an insufferable asshat?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 05:15:37 pm »

I just heard that ABC also announced that this will be the final season of Scandal, which was rated even higher than Last Man Standing (5 spots higher, in fact) in the key demographic of viewers age 18-49.

Why does ABC hate strong black women?  Shameful.  You might even call it... scandalous.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 09:02:01 pm »

i think that graphic is pretty ok as a rule of thumb .. cnn only looks liberal because the government is such a mess that even cnn looks liberal
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »

i think that graphic is pretty ok as a rule of thumb .. cnn only looks liberal because the government is such a mess that even cnn looks liberal
I guess tipping off Clinton to questions for debate only looks bad to us FOX worshiping conservative misogynistic racists?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray