Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:56:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017  (Read 10342 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 19, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2016: 12 TDs, 17 INTs, $3MIL in 2017

Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017.

Let's stop pretending.

The above tweet was from Omar Kelly but could have come form any number of black writers or athletes. Yes I know a few whites too but in general the black community is up in arms over him being slighted. While it seems painfully obvious to most of us I'm not sure why they can't seem to understand.

Like in this tweet ..

Omar Kelly
There is no baggage. That's factually inaccurate. But carry on with your unbiased, uneducated opinion.Omar Kelly added,
andy ruiz @TheAndyRuiz4

Replying to @exavierpope @OmarKelly
Teams won't sign him and his baggage unless he would be somewhat of a superstar.

Really? No baggage? As if denying it would make people want to sign him.

Kaepernick has two things going against him that none of the others do. The first is that in order to bring him on you would need to change your offense to fit his style of play. That could be time consuming and expensive  ... not to mention many offensive coordinators probably have never had to run an offense as such.

The second and most talked about reason is the distraction he brings. It doesn't matter what the distraction is. He's a back-up QB which is a couple of steps above punter on the team. No one is going to put up with that amount of distraction for a position that may never even play.  If he was going to be your starter and you had hope then he'd already been signed ... distraction and all.

What say you guys? Am I missing the bigger picture here?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:33:19 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:34:42 pm »

Here is my take, the national anthem or his race has little to nothing to do with it.

He had a $14.5 million back up job he resigned from.  Meaning in order for him to be happy he is either expecting the starting role and/or more than $14.5.  And while he is good enough to warrant a $4 million back up gig.  If he wasn't happy with the deal SF gave him there is almost zero chance he will be happy elsewhere. 

Biggest reason not to bother with Kap, is his unrealistic expectation that he is worth even close to the contact he walked away from. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:25:43 pm »

The whole "changing your offense" stuff is nonsense.  "Changing the offense" wasn't a barrier to signing Michael Vick, Tim Tebow, or RG3.  Furthermore, you always have to change the offense when you put in a different QB.  Do you think the Colts ran the same offense with Matt Hasselbeck as they did with Andrew Luck?  Or the Cardinals with Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton?

The "baggage" is the real reason, and it's because the owners don't like that kind of baggage.

Did you kill a person while drunk driving?
Savagely beat your girlfriend and threaten her life?
Kill multiple dogs with your bare hands?
Whip the 2-year-old you have part-time custody of?

These are things we can work around.  But if you call out institutional racism, while threatening the NFL's cozy relationship with law enforcement and/or the military... you get blackballed.  There are some things NFL owners simply will not stand for.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:48:36 pm »

Definitely better than Tannehill

Been to a Super Bowl.

Been to two conference championship games

Has at least three playoff wins.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 06:58:55 pm »

While racism exists, I disagree that is an issue.  There were plenty of players who took a knee only one does anyone want to blame employment issues on. If Prescott takes a knee the cowboys aren't benching or cutting him.

And changing the offense is a factor.  While it is true that Jimmy G can't make all the same throws Tom Brady, if NE goes to the back up they are still running basically the same offense, might cut a portion of the playbook out, but you aren't adding any new plays to take adv of his skill set.  With Kap you are either adding new plays or not taking adv of his skill set.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:22:54 pm »

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2016: 12 TDs, 17 INTs, $3MIL in 2017

Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017.

Let's stop pretending.

Stop pretending what?  That he's an Anti-American scumbag who disrespected the flag of the country that allows him to earn millions of dollars while playing in front of thousands of adoring fans??

Or that he purposely made pro-Castro comments before playing a game in a city that is anti-Castro?

Kaepernick is and always will be a piece of shit.   That's why he's still unemployed. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:37:46 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:49:46 am »

Nobody wants to bring a media circus into their locker-room. Where you will have national press there every day asking nothing but Kaepernick questions.  He isn't THAT good.

Same reason why nobody signed Tebow again or Ray Rice...etc. Less to do about talent and more to do about nobody wanting a headache.

Actions have consequences. Kaepernick sealed his own fate with his actions. I have zero sympathy for him
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 02:53:33 am »

Definitely better than Tannehill

Been to a Super Bowl.

Been to two conference championship games

Has at least three playoff wins.
He's never had a 3,500 yard passing season or a year where he has thrown more than 21 TD's. He isn't better than Tannehill  and it isn't even close if you compare numbers as Kaepernick is always carried by a defense and running game. He is a marginal QB who got to a Super Bowl by coming into the season late in the year as a back-up and due to a dominating defense and a weak NFC conference that year where he was only asked not to screw it up. He is asked to do little on offense and when asked to win with his arm he always comes up short.

#WatchTheGames
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 03:53:23 pm »

If people are saying that Kaep is unemployed because of what he chose to protest and how he chose to do so... then aren't you agreeing with Omar Kelly?

Kelly was saying "Let's stop pretending" that Kaep is unemployed for football reasons; there are plenty of clearly worse QBs that have a job.  When Greg Hardy can get a job but Kaepernick can't, it tells you exactly which lines NFL owners consider uncrossable.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 05:13:29 pm »

If people are saying that Kaep is unemployed because of what he chose to protest and how he chose to do so... then aren't you agreeing with Omar Kelly?

Kelly was saying "Let's stop pretending" that Kaep is unemployed for football reasons; there are plenty of clearly worse QBs that have a job.  When Greg Hardy can get a job but Kaepernick can't, it tells you exactly which lines NFL owners consider uncrossable.

I believe he is unemployed because he resigned, from the 49ers.  Actually he isn't unemployed, if you quit your job because you don't like the job, you are voluntarily outside the workforce. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 12:58:50 am »

He's never had a 3,500 yard passing season or a year where he has thrown more than 21 TD's. He isn't better than Tannehill  and it isn't even close if you compare numbers as Kaepernick is always carried by a defense and running game. He is a marginal QB who got to a Super Bowl by coming into the season late in the year as a back-up and due to a dominating defense and a weak NFC conference that year where he was only asked not to screw it up. He is asked to do little on offense and when asked to win with his arm he always comes up short.

#WatchTheGames

I do watch the games thank you very much.

He is 4-2 in the playoffs

His rating in 2012 was over 100.  If not for two controversial no flags on the 49ers last drive, he would have led what would have been the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history at the time.

In 2013, he again went 2-1 in the playoffs.  Once again, he was victimized by some horrid officiating, this time in the NFC title game against Seattle

His career postseason passer rating is 87.3

Also what is with the hashtags?  Is this like the quarterbacks on facebook?

Also, since when did watching the games matter when it comes to analyzing quarterbacks?

Only people who root for quarterbacks with no rings do that.

Kaepernick > Tannehill

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 06:18:43 am »

His rating in 2012 was over 100.  If not for two controversial no flags on the 49ers last drive, he would have led what would have been the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history at the time.

In 2013, he again went 2-1 in the playoffs.  Once again, he was victimized by some horrid officiating, this time in the NFC title game against Seattle

His career postseason passer rating is 87.3

Also what is with the hashtags?  Is this like the quarterbacks on facebook?

Also, since when did watching the games matter when it comes to analyzing quarterbacks?

Only people who root for quarterbacks with no rings do that.

Kaepernick > Tannehill

2012 was 5 years ago, what has he done lately? He got beat out by Blaine Gabbert in training camp last year that's' what!  He has been awful. Stop blaming bad calls for the reason Kapernick sucks! Oh, and FYI Kaepernick doesn't have a ring either... SMH

Well if you don't watch games its tough to take someone's opinion seriously if you are just reading off stats from a website and trying to form an opinion on them. #JustSayin

He is a bad quarterback who got beat out by Blaine Gabbert last year and is now out of work.

He's the 2nd coming though...keep defending him LMAO!!!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »

2012 was 5 years ago, what has he done lately? He got beat out by Blaine Gabbert in training camp last year that's' what!  He has been awful. Stop blaming bad calls for the reason Kapernick sucks! Oh, and FYI Kaepernick doesn't have a ring either... SMH
Well if you don't watch games its tough to take someone's opinion seriously if you are just reading off stats from a website and trying to form an opinion on them. #JustSayin

He is a bad quarterback who got beat out by Blaine Gabbert last year and is now out of work.

He's the 2nd coming though...keep defending him LMAO!!!

What has he done lately....

Read the title of the thread.  Any quarterback with those passing numbers is good in my book

Most people rate quarterbacks by reading stats off a website, so don't discount my posts because I do it too.

I am saying he is better than Tannehill.  That's all.

I once posted an analysis of quarterback based on actually watching the games, and it was immediately discounted.

5 years no playoff wins

5 years 4 playoff wins.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:13:31 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 07:23:28 pm »

Most people rate quarterbacks by reading stats off a website, so don't discount my posts because I do it too.

I am saying he is better than Tannehill.  That's all.

He was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert in training camp. Then he got the job and lost it back to Blaine Gabbert. Putting up stats in non-competitive games in garbage time (which most of SF's games were last year they were so bad) isn't impressive. As I said you don't watch the games and are just taking stats out of context off a website. Can't take your position seriously.

Kaepernick had a game last year where he was 1 for 5 passing for 4 yards (that's 4 yards total) IT WAS AGAINST THE BEARS!!!!!! One of the three worst teams in the league!!!!!! But keep fooling yourself that Kaepernick is a great player and keep pumping him up based of stuff you never saw
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:02 pm »

He was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert in training camp. Then he got the job and lost it back to Blaine Gabbert. Putting up stats in non-competitive games in garbage time (which most of SF's games were last year they were so bad) isn't impressive. As I said you don't watch the games and are just taking stats out of context off a website. Can't take your position seriously.

Kaepernick had a game last year where he was 1 for 5 passing for 4 yards (that's 4 yards total) IT WAS AGAINST THE BEARS!!!!!! One of the three worst teams in the league!!!!!! But keep fooling yourself that Kaepernick is a great player and keep pumping him up based of stuff you never saw

Show me an article not from this site, where a person has analyzed the quarterback position by actually watching the games.

I once read an article declaring Tom Brady was the greatest of all time

Some of the stats the author gave to support his claim

- His Super Bowl titles
- His career wins
- His division titles
- His playoff wins
- His conference titles

These are almost EXACTLY the kind of stats I am using to compare Tannehill to Fiedler and to Kaepernick. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray