Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017  (Read 10303 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »

When you are comparing greatest QBs of all time, it is implied that said QB will have Pro Bowl appearances, MVP awards, and impressive stats.  The reason why the author of that article cited those particular items is because he was comparing Brady to other QBs in the running for greatest QB of all time... for which neither Tannehill nor Kaepernick qualify.

When you are comparing two QBs who are NOT the greatest QB of all-time, you don't use number of Super Bowl MVPs or number of consecutive division titles to measure them, because that is unnecessary.  You can use the plain old stats that one uses to compare non-greatest-ever QBs; stats like yards, TDs, INTs, and passer rating.

The intentionally obtuse troll logic you are unconvincingly trying to claim you now believe says that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better QBs than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.  No one believes this.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:49:30 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 11:45:45 pm »

A quarterback is a quarterback is a quarterback

You can't change the way you compare them.

If Brady is the greatest of all time because he has five super bowls, more than any other quarterback, then yes, Trent Dilfer is better then Marino.

Either you rank all quarterbacks by watching the games, or you rank no quarterbacks by watching the games.

If you do what Baba Booey says, and ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAMES, you can make a convincing case that Brady is NOT the greatest of all time.  His last two Super Bowls had FAR More to do with his defense coming big and the opponents self destructing then with Brady.

You yourself, Spider, have done this to the Patriots, before, and ACTUALLY WATCHED the games and how they play out.  I can link you to the thread if you desire.

I have done this myself, given that I actually live in New England, but of course, if I posted my conclusions based on watching the games, they would be most likely not taken seriously.

I have even done this with Tony Dungy, when I pointed out that his only Super Bowl victory came as a result of FIVE horrid calls in the AFC championship...which I concluded from ACTUALLY WATCHING THE GAME. 

You said you didn't agree with that, though you didn't actually offer anything in terms of disputing it.

I would facepalm here, but that would copying

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:04:55 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 02:22:24 am »

"Everyone says that defense wins championships.  Therefore, from now on, I will only evaluate teams based on how the defense performs.  I will pay no attention to the QB, the offensive line, special teams, or any other aspect of the game besides the defense.  This is all I am capable of understanding at one time."

"Many people say that Tom Brady cannot be the greatest QB of all time because he was caught cheating.  Therefore, I have determined that every QB who has not been caught cheating is tied for greatest QB of all time, and every QB who has been caught cheating is tied for worst QB of all time.  This is how my binary decision-making process works."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:35:16 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 08:42:17 am »

I have done this myself, given that I actually live in New England, but of course, if I posted my conclusions based on watching the games, they would be most likely not taken seriously.

There's this great story about a boy who cried wolf...or in your case, the boy who cried "The officials screwed us"

I would facepalm here, but that would copying 

That isn't "copying"...it's transference.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 05:59:18 pm »

There's this great story about a boy who cried wolf...or in your case, the boy who cried "The officials screwed us"

That isn't "copying"...it's transference.

Not sure how the boy who cried wolf applies here.

The first few times the boy cried wolf, there really was no wolf, so when there was a wolf, nobody came.

Are you saying that when I make claims about there being bad calls, they are not bad calls?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »

Yes.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »

That doesn't make sense either.

You tell me to watch the games and draw my conclusions, yet when I do exactly that, you discredit them. 

Which calls specifically, are you referring to that I claim were bad calls, which you say are not bad calls?

Calls can be judgemental, or they can be flat wrong.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:07:09 am by dolphins4life » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 04:31:58 pm »

Kap's jersey was the 17th best seller of May.  By far the best selling jersey of someone who is unemployed.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 11:55:42 am »

Kap's jersey was the 17th best seller of May.  By far the best selling jersey of someone who is unemployed.

Breaking down the numbers of the Kaepernick jersey sales:

31% of jersey sales went to diehard 49ers fans who want a reminder of how close we came without actually winning.
25% of jersey sales went to people who hate football almost as much as they hate white people.
17%  of jersey sales came from Star Trek junkies who mistook "Kaepernick" for "Captain Kirk"
12% of jersey sales came from Bay Area bakers who mistook "Kaepernick " for "Pumpernickel"
9% of jersey sales went to local police departments to hang on targets on the firing range
6% of jersey sales came from Colin's family

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 12:45:24 pm »

Breaking down the numbers of the Kaepernick jersey sales:

31% of jersey sales went to diehard 49ers fans who want a reminder of how close we came without actually winning.
25% of jersey sales went to people who hate football almost as much as they hate white people.
17%  of jersey sales came from Star Trek junkies who mistook "Kaepernick" for "Captain Kirk"
12% of jersey sales came from Bay Area bakers who mistook "Kaepernick " for "Pumpernickel"
9% of jersey sales went to local police departments to hang on targets on the firing range
6% of jersey sales came from Colin's family

I'm having a shit day at work, and his made me laugh out loud.  Thank you sir. Cheesy
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 01:27:52 pm »

I wonder how many jersey are selling in May (not that it matters in who is selling). It really is a slow time of year right now for the NFL.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 02:09:18 pm »

I wonder how many jersey are selling in May (not that it matters in who is selling). It really is a slow time of year right now for the NFL.

I bought a jersey last week of May.  Will be given as a gift on Sunday.  I would not be surprised if this Sunday is the 2nd most day for jerseys given as gifts after Dec 25.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 02:41:09 pm »

I'm having a shit day at work, and his made me laugh out loud.  Thank you sir. Cheesy

You're welcome. As a little postscript, I followed up that post by doing a little shopping online to see how much it would cost to get a custom #7 Pumpernickel jersey.

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 06:31:21 pm »

You're welcome. As a little postscript, I followed up that post by doing a little shopping online to see how much it would cost to get a custom #7 Pumpernickel jersey.

So how much bread would it cost? I heard custom jerseys cost quite a bit of dough.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 08:25:26 pm »

So how much bread would it cost? I heard custom jerseys cost quite a bit of dough.

I got so lucky one year. It was a year they had a style change and I got an official customized Reebok jersey on clearance (and they shipped me the new style to boot but it is old now as well) for $175. I personally will only buy customized now. The money difference is easily made up in the fact that I have worn it every Sunday for years and haven't had to replace ones with players who are traded, retired, or leave.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray