Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:04:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick 2016: 16 TDs, 4 INTs, Unemployed in 2017  (Read 10153 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »

I am happy to wear jerseys of retired players.  In fact, my Zach/Ricky alternates are my two favorite jerseys, precisely because they are no longer available.  You might be able to find a JT/Zach/Ricky throwback jersey, but it's much harder to find an alternate throwback.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 09:11:09 am »

I don't like the alternate jerseys so they aren't even in consideration for me. (I assume you mean that disgusting orange)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 10:50:49 am »

Nope.  I have a navy blue 54 and a home+away aqua/white 34.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 10:58:33 am »

I liked the navy and at that time wished we had worked it in as an official one.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 09:14:05 am »

Kaep really has no interest in playing in the NFL at this point. No way you could post the tweet image that Kaep did on Friday and think you're going to get hired.

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/875832378501074944/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2716363-colin-kaepernick-compares-police-to-slave-patrol-after-philando-castile-verdict

Wow...just wow.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 11:19:51 am »

I agree. Apparently he is looking to make a living complaining about the injustices of the US against blacks. I guess he looks at how Al and Jesse are getting old and see his opportunity to slide right in and collect what they have been getting.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 12:02:45 pm »

The man has his convictions. I'm a bit confused myself about the verdict on this one.

I'll give the man this much credit, he must feel there is something more important than playing in the NFL and I for one applaud him as that is a message many don't understand.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:08:09 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 01:00:24 pm »

^^^ Whatever injustices he's fighting for, comparing the police to runaway slave catchers can't be the best way to fight for it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 01:34:46 pm »

He has a point.  Law enforcement was used to capture runaway slaves.  And today, LEOs can murder unarmed black men with impunity. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 02:05:49 pm »

He has a point.  Law enforcement was used to capture runaway slaves.  And today, LEOs can murder unarmed black men with impunity. 
and the fact they kill more white doesn't fit the narrative so you ignore it? The truth is more often than not the police shoot people who don't comply and pose a threat. Other than propaganda ....  if all liberals and all Muslims aren't guilty of the crimes of a few then why are all cops considered guilty? 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 02:23:48 pm »

When adjusted for population size blacks are killed 2.5 times more often by whites than blacks.  But I am not concerned with all shooting by cops -- sometimes it is justified.  Of the few whites killed it is typically someone with a gun drawn and the cops are acting in self defense.  Problem is the frequency in blacks are MURDERED by cops.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 04:23:51 pm »

You also have to adjust for the percentage of each race who commit violent crimes. The percentage of blacks is higher than whites. My wife loses less weight than me on the same diet but her percentage is much higher.  You can't just pick and choose statistics to fit the narrative ... or did I already say that?

Either way ... what you said is propaganda and nothing but divisive and bullying. No one who is actually paying attention believes police can shoot anyone and get away with it unless they have just cause. My white ass keeps my hands on the wheel until told to do otherwise and I'd suggest everyone else do the same regardless of how many times you are stopped. Get a lawyer after the fact if you want but not obeying a police officer is just stupid.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 05:01:08 pm »

I have a couple of custom jersey's,I love them,(except I lost weight and they're way too big now).I also loved the Navy Jersey's, I think I've got a couple of those,and a couple orange ones....(I liked the orange)

I started to post this a couple of times,but didn't want to get too deep explaining it...
I always kinda felt(2 thoughts here),Kap's lack of commitment (for lack of what else to call it) towards football,would be a massive negative to most coaches.(added to wanting lot's of starting type money,IE he was all but traded but refused to take a pay cut). Coaches tend to want their QB's to be eating breathing,football,the team.Kap always struck me as one who wasn't that way.Like wearing the Dolphins hat,while being the starting Qb for the 49ers gaffe.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »

You also have to adjust for the percentage of each race who commit violent crimes. The percentage of blacks is higher than whites.
It almost sounds like you are saying that police kill more unarmed black people because black people are more likely to be violent criminals.  Is that what you mean?

Either way ... what you said is propaganda and nothing but divisive and bullying. No one who is actually paying attention believes police can shoot anyone and get away with it unless they have just cause.
The problem is that when it comes to unarmed black people, "just cause" is almost literally anything.  Philando Castile was not killed with just cause.

CF, do you think "Blue Lives Matter" is also divisive bullying?  Or is that reserved only for causes you disagree with?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:10:37 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 05:29:03 pm »

It almost sounds like you are saying that police kill more unarmed black people because black people are more likely to be violent criminals.  Is that what you mean?
I'm not willing to say that, but I might be persuaded to believe that high crime areas tend to have a larger population of minorities. There are some studies that show that police tend to use more force in high crime areas then in lower crime areas and that goes for cops of all color.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/10/diversity_won_t_solve_police_misconduct_black_cops_don_t_reduce_violence.html

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray