Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:21:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Do you ever give to panhandlers?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: Do you ever give to panhandlers?
Yes, as much as I can.   -0 (0%)
Sometimes, if I have extra change.   -3 (21.4%)
Yes, but food only.  Not money.   -1 (7.1%)
Very rarely.   -3 (21.4%)
Never.   -7 (50%)
Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Do you ever give to panhandlers?  (Read 4017 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 01:05:03 pm »

Honestly ... I don't have time these days. I pop in for a few minutes here and there but there is no way I can keep up with you guys so most times I don't even try.

I agree.  Sometimes I'd like to comment on something off the cuff, but I just know there are one or two people that will parse every word or half sentence, until it doesn't resemble the context in which it was meant.

Regarding the original topic, I occasionally will give money to panhandlers depending on time, location, and whether I think the person is in dire need.  However, I don't give to people who setup shop on a corner daily, or go from person to person with some lame story.  I do regularly give money to our local food bank, that way there is some hope that it is going to someone in true need.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017, 10:58:35 am »

^ I get that, but at the same time, if you turn a thread political, you have to be prepared to defend your stance.

You can't really change the tone of a thread and then run off when you're challenged on it.  That's the whole point of a message board.  Be prepared to defend your ideas.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 01:40:55 pm »

A: "You guys wouldn't be so generous with social programs without conservatives' money paying for it."
B: "Actually liberals subsidize conservative lifestyles, not the other way around, and here's proof."
A: "That's just more liberal fake news."
B: "OK, where is your evidence that disproves the stuff I just cited?"
A: "no time for that bro but trust me"

I humbly suggest that you can save even more time by not popping in just to say "liberal media fake news" when you have no intention of providing a better source.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:44:45 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray