Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:14:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion?  (Read 6334 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 03:21:35 pm »

I'm fine with Hoodies feelings on Shula.

I get the criticism of Shula for the Marino Era,and in hindsight it's a knock.I feel Shula as a coach his "greatness", wasn't defined by the Marino era,He was already a coaching great because of what he'd already accomplished as Coach of the Baltimore Colts,and the 1970's Miami Dolphins. Just my thought on the Shula...

continue with your discussion....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:23:33 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 09:24:59 pm »

Anyone who judges a QB's career based on the fact they never won a superbowl is wrong. They just are. Great QB's don't win SB's, great teams do. That's a fact and it's undeniable. I'll take ANY team in the NFL minus their QB against ANY QB that EVER played football in a game. 21 players will destroy your QB in a game. Your QB will never make a 1st down. Heck he might not ever even touch the ball, I'll just onside kick every time. It's laughable to suggest that the QB alone can will a team to the SB. A QB is NOTHING without a team around him. NOTHING. The 21 other players on the team are 10 times more important then the QB alone. The QB only matters when the other 21 players on both teams are fairly evenly matched. A big disparity in those 21 players CANNOT be made up by the QB. It's a joke. Yet some people still insist they can. They are wrong. I don't care if every man woman and child on the planet disagrees with me, they are wrong. That's my Football unpopular opinion.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:32:11 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 08:45:31 am »

Pappy ... I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. Marino is one of the best to have ever played. Anyone who disputes that is just arguing. I see Marino's failure to reach other Super Bowls as a failure of GM Don Shula. I don't even know that it's a knock on his coaching but he failed to give Marino a running game or a defense. Both of which are much needed. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 08:36:54 pm »

Pappy ... I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. Marino is one of the best to have ever played. Anyone who disputes that is just arguing. I see Marino's failure to reach other Super Bowls as a failure of GM Don Shula. I don't even know that it's a knock on his coaching but he failed to give Marino a running game or a defense. Both of which are much needed. 

You have to keep in mind that Shula was routinely winning nine or ten games a year, putting him in a lower draft position. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 12:42:05 am »

Yeah, and the team they had to face in the Super Bowl, the '84 49ers, are considered to be one of the greatest football teams of all time. That was Montana, Craig, Lott, Dwight Clark, et al...It could be argued that they had the top offense and the top defense in the league that season, and had destroyed the two NFC teams they met in the playoffs before getting to Miami (Giants-Bears) by a combined score of 44-10. And, oh yeah, the Super Bowl was played in the 49ers backyard at Stanford. No NFL team would have beaten them in that situation, so there's no way I can use it as a judging criteria against either Marino or Shula in these types of discussions.

This is the kind of statement, that before, my new direction, I think you had to take with a grain of salt.

Yes, it is true that that 49ers team in that Super Bowl had great talent.  I think they had a quite a few pro bowlers on defense, as well.

However, you have to look at the game itself. 

If you do, you can see that that 49ers team played up to their standards in the game

Except for a brain-fart turnover at the end of the first half, the 49ers played almost mistake free-football.

Let's make a metaphor to Brady's "loss" in Super Bowl 42

I could say,

"Tom Brady pulled off the biggest choke job in the history of the Superbowl (and sorry, but an uncalled holding penalty isn't enough for me to negate a victory).  He had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and the greatest offense in history against a 10-6 team.  His defense held the Giants to just seventeen points, but Brady still could not lead his team to victory, despite going 18-0 in the regular season."

Anybody who actually watched that game would know that that statement is pure garbage.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 12:45:23 am »

Anyone who judges a QB's career based on the fact they never won a superbowl is wrong. They just are. Great QB's don't win SB's, great teams do. That's a fact and it's undeniable. I'll take ANY team in the NFL minus their QB against ANY QB that EVER played football in a game. 21 players will destroy your QB in a game. Your QB will never make a 1st down. Heck he might not ever even touch the ball, I'll just onside kick every time. It's laughable to suggest that the QB alone can will a team to the SB. A QB is NOTHING without a team around him. NOTHING. The 21 other players on the team are 10 times more important then the QB alone. The QB only matters when the other 21 players on both teams are fairly evenly matched. A big disparity in those 21 players CANNOT be made up by the QB. It's a joke. Yet some people still insist they can. They are wrong. I don't care if every man woman and child on the planet disagrees with me, they are wrong. That's my Football unpopular opinion.

Agree with most of what you say, however, you miss the two important points

1) Football is a game against another team.  What they do counts too. 

2) You can't look at who the players are, you have to look at how they actually played in the game.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »

I don't think the logo is that bad
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 06:37:34 pm »

I don't think the logo is that bad
Good one, I forgot about the logo.  I actually like it better than the angry cartoon.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2017, 08:08:41 pm »

On that particular topic:

I think the new logo was a massive upgrade from the last one.  That's definitely an unpopular opinion on the Internet.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 08:50:31 pm »

I have definitely softened on my hatred of the logo, but I still don't like it.

I drink your milkshake!
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 02:18:46 am »

I don't like Tannehill.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 10:59:32 am »

You new logo people disgust me!!  Smiley

Give me the throwbacks any day. The colors alone give me a much better feel.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 09:56:16 pm »

Wayne Huizenga should be the very first new inductee into the Ring of Dishonor - as far as I am concerned, the rot started when he got majority ownership, taking us from a genuine contender to a has been and at times laughing stock:

He shamefully removed all references to Joe Robbie as though he had nothing to do with our history...

He forced Shula into retirement to replace him with Jimmy, then Wanny, Saban, Cam...

Brought in Parcels and his bunch of merry wankers to puff up the franchise to eventually sell out to the clueless New Yorker, leading to more years of even further misery.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:59:04 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2017, 01:06:45 pm »

You new logo people disgust me!!  Smiley

Give me the throwbacks any day. The colors alone give me a much better feel.

Apparently enough of us logo haters are being noticed....@schadjoe: Miami Dolphins committed to latest Dolphins logo for now. Key phrase is for now. The organization hears the fans.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »

Wayne Huizenga should be the very first new inductee into the Ring of Dishonor - as far as I am concerned, the rot started when he got majority ownership, taking us from a genuine contender to a has been and at times laughing stock:

He shamefully removed all references to Joe Robbie as though he had nothing to do with our history...

He forced Shula into retirement to replace him with Jimmy, then Wanny, Saban, Cam...

Brought in Parcels and his bunch of merry wankers to puff up the franchise to eventually sell out to the clueless New Yorker, leading to more years of even further misery.

Good choice. Man, looking back at it all puts it all into perspective.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray