Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:15:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Who is this year's "out of nowhere" team?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Who is this year's "out of nowhere" team?  (Read 2278 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:15:39 am »

I'll say the Tennessee Titans.

They weren't terrible, but their division isn't great and if they stay healthy, they could get a lot of wins.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:20:41 am »

Tampa Bay Bucs.  They're going to have a deadly offense this year, and usually play well against division foes.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:35:37 am »

^ I started by picking Tampa, but they have the Falcons in their division, which made me stray.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:37:02 am »

I like both Tennessee & Tampa to be better this year than last, but I think the "out of nowhere" team this season is going to be the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm a Carson Wentz believer, and some of the guys they've drafted the past couple of drafts have game-changer potential.

Everyone's picking Dallas in the NFC East, but I like the Eagles to not only win the NFC East, but have the top record in the NFC heading into the playoffs.

Thin branch, hefty Sun...what's that cracking sound I hear?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:42:43 am »

Cleveland Browns.  They will win 7 games this year.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 12:06:34 pm »

^ I started by picking Tampa, but they have the Falcons in their division, which made me stray.
I get that, but they swept Carolina, swept the Saints and split with the Falcons last year, and they're supposed to be better this year.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 12:18:42 pm »

Falcons had the most epic heartbreaking superbowl loss in history.  Plus they have proven not to be a team that ralleis to adversity.  They will go 7-9 at best.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 12:31:51 pm »

Falcons had the most epic heartbreaking superbowl loss in history.  Plus they have proven not to be a team that ralleis to adversity.  They will go 7-9 at best.

Yeah, they are probably a good "under" bet.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 03:59:48 pm »

I'm with Tenshot.  I can see Tampa Bay making a lot of strides this year. 
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 05:00:49 pm »

I'll say the Tennessee Titans.

They weren't terrible, but their division isn't great and if they stay healthy, they could get a lot of wins.
I don't qualify them as out of nowhere as they were in it till their QB went down and would have made the playoffs last year.

Sign me up for New Orleans as I think Brees has one more last run in him and I think they improved the defense enough to at least slow down teams to where they can win it with offense.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 04:49:36 pm »

The Falcons are done.  That record choke in the Super Bowl set that franchise back for years.  They will disintegrate this year.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:52:45 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 10:18:45 pm »

I don't qualify them as out of nowhere as they were in it till their QB went down and would have made the playoffs last year.

Sign me up for New Orleans as I think Brees has one more last run in him and I think they improved the defense enough to at least slow down teams to where they can win it with offense.
Using your logic, I don't consider NO as an out of nowhere team because they have a HOF QB that's already won a Superbowl for them.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 11:32:17 pm »

Using your logic, I don't consider NO as an out of nowhere team because they have a HOF QB that's already won a Superbowl for them.

But the team sucked last year. Even bad teams have decent players.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray