Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins will wear the 66 throwbacks twice this year and more uni notes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins will wear the 66 throwbacks twice this year and more uni notes  (Read 1205 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:59:38 pm »

Dolphins will wear throwbacks twice this year. they are also going with all white for their color rush game against the Ravens instead of the orange ... which the players hated.

On another front it looks like the logo thing might have a brighter future than many of us thought!

Joe Schad‏ Verified account @schadjoe  4m4 minutes ago
More
 Miami Dolphins committed to latest Dolphins logo for now. [Key phrase is for now. The organization hears the fans.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:08:06 pm »

I just posted that in the unpopular thread... Cheesy I wanted to comment so out color rush uni's, are going to be the uni's we seem to wear most of the time, white tops,white bottoms. Huh

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »

I just posted that in the unpopular thread... Cheesy I wanted to comment so out color rush uni's, are going to be the uni's we seem to wear most of the time, white tops,white bottoms. Huh
But they will be much brighter! hahaha

Saw this from Hal Habib ... It seems like any discussion of the uniforms turns into how much they are disliked.

Hal Habib‏Verified account @gunnerhal  14m14 minutes ago
More
Hal Habib Retweeted Joe Schad
They should wear them 16 times.Hal Habib added,
Joe SchadVerified account @schadjoe
Miami Dolphins will wear the 1966 throwbacks again twice in 2017

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 01:24:50 pm »

Joe Shad just put out an article about the uniforms.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/06/07/dolphins-committed-to-latest-logo-but-will-wear-throwbacks-twice-in-2017/

DAVIE — Miami Dolphins president and CEO Tom Garfinkel said the organization is committed to the franchise’s latest logo “as of right now.”

Garfinkel has heard from many fans who prefer the logo used when Bob Griese and Dan Marino played.

“Yeah, as of right now, that’s the plan,” Garfinkel said. “There have been fans that certainly love that aspect of the uniform. And we love it too. There is a long time frame. You can’t just change uniforms on a whim. So I’d say we’re listening to the fans and evaluating everything. We’re open-minded. But as of right now there is no plan to change.”

In fact, Miami will once again wear throwback jerseys to 1966 twice in the 2017 season.

“We love them,” Garfinkel said. “The players love them. That was one of the first things [we thought] when we first got here. We look up at these pictures of Bob Griese and Nick Buoniconti. Those are beautiful football jerseys. So how do we bring those back on a more consistent basis?”

The Dolphins will also wear all-white jerseys in a Thursday night color-rush game against Baltimore on Oct. 26.

Owner Stephen Ross was not a fan of the bright orange color-rush jerseys Miami wore last season.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 04:56:22 pm »

This news makes my day!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 07:38:32 pm »

Guess I'd better buy up the good stuff while I can.

The throwback uniforms with the '97 (angry cartoon) logo would be passable, but the throwback logo is just the worst of all worlds.  It still has the ridiculous helmet with the M, and even worse, it's all faded and worn-looking.

It looks like someone took a picture of a dolphin and then ran it through one of the old ditto machines several dozen times, or like the artist was interrupted while drawing it and never finished.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:44:56 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:42 am »

“We love them,” Garfinkel said. “The players love them. That was one of the first things [we thought] when we first got here. We look up at these pictures of Bob Griese and Nick Buoniconti. Those are beautiful football jerseys. So how do we bring those back on a more consistent basis?”

It's pretty easy how to bring those back on a more consistent basis - make it our actual uniform you fuck-knuckles!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 08:46:16 am »

Thank goodness.  Those orange uniforms were awful.  If they continued wearing them, I was going to see if I couldn't find a black and white tv set to watch those games on.   Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray