Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:25:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is anyone as hyped as I am for Devante Parker to be an 'Alpha' receiver this yr?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Is anyone as hyped as I am for Devante Parker to be an 'Alpha' receiver this yr?  (Read 2477 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 02:27:54 pm »

Andre Branch sure as heck did. Kenny Stills did. Those two got good paydays and more than anyone expected them to get for having big years in their contract year.

Dion Sims had a great year in his contract year and got a big payday elsewhere. Go back a year and OV and Miller did as well.

Should I continue...?
Yes, you should.

How many of the 50+ players on the Dolphins roster were in a contract year last season?  You named 3.  Is that number 5?  10?  20?

Players only play better in their contract year if you ignore the overwhelming majority of players in their contract year that don't.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 02:30:23 pm »

It's about Parker and him having a break out year. When I stated is likely because he is nearing his 5th year option pick up so yeah he probably will have a breakout year, someone challenged that players don't play extra motivated in contract years  and Stills is the example I provided as very recent case in point. Then a certain someone took it off the rails about less money or more money and missed the entire point of the thread and the talk about Parker and "extra motivation" he may have due to his contract.

So I am missing nothing and you can direct your comments towards someone else if you like. BYE FELICIA!

Hello Vontavious, I still see you.  Your fault too for following the rails.

Parker seemed passive last year, as there were a few times I saw defenses take the ball right out of his hands.  In OTAs, he's been more aggressive and chirping at the DBS.  Last day of OTAs, on the last play of the day, he caught a pass from THill one handed and tip toed his feet for a TD.  Then got up and got in Maxwell's face.  I like it, he needed more aggression.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:37:06 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray