Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:13:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Most rediculus complaint ever.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Most rediculus complaint ever.  (Read 1592 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: June 18, 2017, 04:55:51 pm »

Friend of mine on facebook was bitching that he doesn't like seeing people acknowledging/wishing well single moms who are doing double duty on Father's Day. His complaint is rarely is the equivalent done on Mother's Day.

Imho if this is a complaint you are just looking for reasons to complain.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:02 am »

^^^ That is pretty ridiculous, imo... File that under "Some Folks just aren't happy unless they're unhappy."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 11:14:43 am »

That is ridiculous but isn't that the common theme today? Everyone complaining about what offends them is about as bi-partisan as we get in this country these days.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 12:37:04 pm »

Friend of mine on facebook was bitching that he doesn't like seeing people acknowledging/wishing well single moms who are doing double duty on Father's Day. His complaint is rarely is the equivalent done on Mother's Day.

Imho if this is a complaint you are just looking for reasons to complain.

My most "rediculus" complaint is people who can't spell ridiculous.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:19:02 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:02:55 pm »

I think your friend has a point. Father's day is for the male parent. Mother's day is for the female parent. I don't really see what being a single mother or single father have to do with this. If you feel the need to wish those people a double happy mother's day or father's day on those days, I say go for it. For the record, I'm not complaining about your complaint about your friend's complaint. That would be the most ridiculous complaint ever I think.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 02:10:16 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 02:21:37 pm »

I don't know about this particular instance, but I see the word "complaint" used synonymously with simply pointing out a double standard, as an aside a lot.

As an aside, but not a complaint, here's a double standard that I notice:
It's perfectly acceptable to have a commercial where the man is an idiot (often with money, but it can be with anything -- technology, cooking, managing the kids -- and the woman comes in to save the day from her idiot husband.  The same dynamic doesn't work the other way.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 02:25:11 pm »

I don't know about this particular instance, but I see the word "complaint" used synonymously with simply pointing out a double standard, as an aside a lot.

As an aside, but not a complaint, here's a double standard that I notice:
It's perfectly acceptable to have a commercial where the man is an idiot (often with money, but it can be with anything -- technology, cooking, managing the kids -- and the woman comes in to save the day from her idiot husband.  The same dynamic doesn't work the other way.

No it was a complaint not an aside.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 01:07:28 pm »

Two more stupid made up days for corporate america to reach into people's pockets. And they fall for it. It's all a money scam.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 07:24:02 am »

So was this about that idiot Lena duham?

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray