Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:19:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Modern Convenience that is more trouble than it's worth?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Modern Convenience that is more trouble than it's worth?  (Read 3582 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 11:49:58 am »

Yeah, the refillable K-cups are definitely more cost-effective AND environmentally friendly, but they are annoying to clean.

Rinse and toss in the dishwasher. Oh, these burdens we bear. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 12:01:20 pm »

I miss my Keurig so much...I used the reusable filter, with some good Gevalia coffee, and my mornings were always blissfully caffeinated.

I saw this earlier,running errands (as I ran out of coffee this morning) saw a bag of Gevalia-house blend medium roast,and bought it.

I've never had a k-cup brewer,I had a Hamilton beach Single serve+Carafe machine,which I absolutely hated.The single serve coffee,would only let you fill 12 or 16 oz of water(after it would brew you might get 8-10oz of coffee),and took so much ground coffee to make it taste like a pot of coffee.It wasn't worth it at all,and I dumped it to go back to my Brewstation.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 01:16:57 pm »

Well, not if you are rejecting the dishwasher. 😝

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 03:19:07 pm »

Well, not if you are rejecting the dishwasher. 😝

A valid point... I'd suggest a little extra rinsing, and then several sessions with a trauma counselor to help get past the pain.

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 10:07:49 pm »

I've never had a problem just rinsing it out. Takes like 5 secs max. I'll throw it in the dishwasher once or twice a month whenever I actually run a load through.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 04:17:26 am »

You do realize this is starting to sound like the old ladies at work that have their stitch and bitch sessions, right?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 10:22:29 am »

I've never had a problem just rinsing it out. Takes like 5 secs max. I'll throw it in the dishwasher once or twice a month whenever I actually run a load through.

Agree completely...I never saw any of the downsides with my Keurig.

You do realize this is starting to sound like the old ladies at work that have their stitch and bitch sessions, right?

We can use the Keurig to brew some wonderful single-serve chamomile teas for the old ladies... Wink

~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 01:08:50 pm »

I must be getting behind,as I'm still not all that comfortable with blind catchstitch yet.... Cheesy

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 11:40:29 am »

+1
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 11:59:09 am »

It's the off season so topics will range dramatically. If you do enough digging I think there was even a thread about poop many years ago.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray