Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:14:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Moore Moving Forward
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moore Moving Forward  (Read 1399 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 22, 2017, 06:29:29 pm »

Regardless of the extent of the Cutler injury, you gotta go with Moore moving forward, correct?

I don't see how you don't.  Facts don't care about your ego Jay or Adam for that matter

Facts are, when Moore came in, the offense played better from a pass blocking standpoint.  This is part of Moore's adjustment as well, moving to an open spot in the pocket or rolling to the right side.  Jay doesn't do that and his footwork with his throws continue to be a problem.

I was all for Cutler coming in as a starting QB, 1st cause he knew Gase's offense and 2nd cause he could be possibly make some big throws downfield.  I saw Moore more as a backup and plus I didn't want him to be the started IF you had rookies and 2nd-3rd guys behind him.

The team just responded differently when he came in.  Now the running game didn't pick up tremendously, but the Jets were playing all out run defense to stop Ajayi today

I think Moore is the better gunslinger of the two, especially with the sample size that I've seen from Cutler in 5-1/2 games  He's too apathetic, and I'm not criticizing him for that, but in the game someone needs to take charge and lead a team.  I think Moore does that

We'll see what Gase does this week

Fins Up!!!!! 4-2 baby

I'd rather be lucky than good.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:46:01 pm »

Without Tannehill, the Dolphins are 6-3 in the regular season.

Sigh, imagine if Moore had been starting all these years instead of Tannehill.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 06:52:48 pm »

SMH terrible.  Let's see how Moore does against Baltimore before we get ahead of ourselves
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 06:53:56 pm »

SMH terrible.  Let's see how Moore does against Baltimore before we get ahead of ourselves

First we will see if Gase starts him. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 07:20:58 pm »

First we will see if Gase starts him. 
It looks like Cutler has cracked ribs, and since the game is on Thursday, I don't need anyone but Moore starting.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 01:54:55 am »

With the injury and a short week, I'm sure we'll see Moore on Thursday.  He came in and really lit a spark today, but we'll see if that ember is still burning on Thursday.

I, too, thought Cutler was the best choice to lead this team out of training camp because he had the most upside.  We saw Matt Moore's upside in the final 4 games of the season last yer.  However, after watching 6 games started by Cutler, I no longer believe he is capable of being a starting QB in this league.  He simply does not care, and I've watched his apathy infect the offense.  The dude retired for a reason, and I think that reason is pretty evident.  That being said, I felt bad for him when he walked off the field and heard the crowd cheer his removal.  He looked up at the crowd, shook his head, and chuckled. 

I support whomever is the starter.  They're my favorite QB that week.  However, I feel with Moore under center, the team has a better chance of winning with this team right now.  From what I saw, he really wanted to throw receivers open.  He threw catchable balls.  When Tanny comes back, he should, obviously, be the starter.  No one with half a brain would suggest otherwise.  BUT, that's next year's problem.  Gase and every player and fan should be concerned with this year's squad.  I want to see my team play to their utmost abilities, and I think, for now, Moore gives them that opportunity.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 01:59:36 am »

QB records as a starter under Adam Gase:

Tannehill: 7-5 (plus one game he left with a 12-point lead)
Cutler: 3-2 (plus one game he left with a 14-point deficit)
Moore: 2-2 (plus one game he took over in which he lost 9 points of the lead he was handed, and one game he took over in which he made a 17 point comeback)

By straight records as starter, it's Cutler >Tannehill > Moore.
If you count the records by score at point of handoff, it's Tannehill > Moore > Cutler.
Either way, Tannehill is ahead of Moore.

What's more, you can say apples to apples and compare performance against the same team.
Tannehill and Moore both beat NYJ, beat BUF, and lost to NE, but Tanny did better against ARI than Moore did, and Tanny beat PIT by two TDs while Moore lost to PIT by two TDs and change.
Cutler lost to NYJ and was on track to lose again, while Moore pulled out the comeback win against NYJ.

This is all a very long-winded way of saying the obvious:  Tannehill is much better than Moore.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 07:49:52 am »

IMO Matt Moore did was most really good back up QB's do,little,to no snaps in practice,and come off the bench in a pinch.Once teams get tape,and adjust,game plan for the (back up turned starting QB) all the warts in his game start appearing. We still have a slight advantage of the short week,and limited time to prepare for the Ravens to adjust to Moore.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 07:52:42 am »

I, too, thought Cutler was the best choice to lead this team out of training camp because he had the most upside.  We saw Matt Moore's upside in the final 4 games of the season last yer.  However, after watching 6 games started by Cutler, I no longer believe he is capable of being a starting QB in this league.  He simply does not care, and I've watched his apathy infect the offense.  The dude retired for a reason, and I think that reason is pretty evident.  That being said, I felt bad for him when he walked off the field and heard the crowd cheer his removal.  He looked up at the crowd, shook his head, and chuckled. 

I support whomever is the starter.  They're my favorite QB that week.  However, I feel with Moore under center, the team has a better chance of winning with this team right now.  From what I saw, he really wanted to throw receivers open.  He threw catchable balls.  When Tanny comes back, he should, obviously, be the starter.  No one with half a brain would suggest otherwise.  BUT, that's next year's problem.  Gase and every player and fan should be concerned with this year's squad.  I want to see my team play to their utmost abilities, and I think, for now, Moore gives them that opportunity.

All of this.  We all know that Tannehill is the long term solution, though at times he makes me grit me teeth when throwing guys deep and to the open space.  But I digress, Moore is the answer right now and it's not even close IMO.  Moore's energy is infectious and you can tell that with the WRs, ESPECIALLY with Landry.  

If Moore, and yes it's big IF, comes out and rallies this Offense to some big nos. vs BAL and OAK and possibly CAR (depending on the Cutler injury) you got to stick with the hot hand

Again, I am behind whomever is the QB at the time, but right now, Moore looks like the long term solution for this season

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 09:01:09 am »

Go back and look at all of Moore's throws. He was aggressive, decisive, and completely locked on his receivers. He plays a very different game from Cutler and that change of pace greatly helped his performance. A team that's ready for Moore? That's a whole nother can kettle of fish.

My main beef with Cutler this season has been that he takes getting knocked on his ass very poorly. I'm not questioning his toughness, although it's clearly not at Tannehill levels (he is pretty old, though, so completely understandable), but he does panic if he gets hit a few times. He looks like he doesn't  believe himself and that's when you have to consider pulling the plug.

At this point, though, I'd still go Cutler, providing he's healthy. An injured Cutler on Thursday gives Moore a chance to win the starting job, but he hasn't done that yet in my book.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 09:04:31 am »

Go back and look at all of Moore's throws. He was aggressive, decisive, and completely locked on his receivers. He plays a very different game from Cutler and that change of pace greatly helped his performance. A team that's ready for Moore? That's a whole nother can kettle of fish.

My main beef with Cutler this season has been that he takes getting knocked on his ass very poorly. I'm not questioning his toughness, although it's clearly not at Tannehill levels (he is pretty old, though, so completely understandable), but he does panic if he gets hit a few times. He looks like he doesn't  believe himself and that's when you have to consider pulling the plug.

At this point, though, I'd still go Cutler, providing he's healthy. An injured Cutler on Thursday gives Moore a chance to win the starting job, but he hasn't done that yet in my book.
..and I don't know if a win against the Ravens proves anything either, they're piss poor this year.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 10:19:50 am »

If Cutler isn't 100%, you play Moore.  If he is, you play Cutler.

I drink your milkshake!
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 11:27:39 am »

To be fair, Moore did lock onto his WRs at time when he knew the matchup and exploited it.  He definitely does make mistakes, and he's not an elite QB by any means, but he's guy that slings the ball and looking to make plays downfield.

I think he's gutsy and tough. I think Cutler is tough too, I mean look at some of the head shots he's taken in the last couple of weeks.

Here's some hi-lights from yesterday's games and not all of Moore's throws, but he definitely throws to guys that are open or throws them open IMO

Again, he's not the be-all QB, but IMO he's the best QB moving froward based on the sample size I've seen of Cutler and whatI've seen from Moore last year and the 2nd half of yesterday's game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKm2ZYdjN4

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray