Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:00:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The worst movie you seen in the 1st half of 2017?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The worst movie you seen in the 1st half of 2017?  (Read 1466 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:03:12 am »

The Will Smith comment,and the story about the worst movies so far this year...I thought I'd ask it here....

What has been the WORST movie you've seen this year?

(I don't care if it's a new movie or not if you think it was bad...)

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:41:29 am »

Matt Damon's last movie (I think)...The Great Wall

Calling it hot garbage would be underselling its rancidness. Aside from a few cool CGI monster effects, this movie had zero redeeming qualities.

Dishonorable mention: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, starring (ha!) Sons of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam.

I thought Hunnam could play a cool Arthur. I was wrong...so very wrong.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:05:06 am »

oh no.. King Arthur sucked. I was looking forward to watching that one next. Just recorded it for later. Bummer.

I figured The Great Wall would suck. Even early trailers just looked like they were digging for a movie a make. These guys sign these big blockbuster contracts and there is always a clause or something that about how they also have to make x y or z. And those usually suck.

So far, for me, it would be:

Transformers
Bats v Supes

I'm catching up on a bunch of movies i've missed and I'm sure worse ones will show up.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 09:30:20 am »

Here is the thing with me, I will not finish a movie I think sucks. I don't go to the theater unless I'm pretty sure I am going to enjoy it and will not go if I even think there is a possibility of it sucking.

Right now I started watching a movie I had a hard time getting into and likely will not go back to finish, so I will claim that one. It is The Panic in Needle Park. It stars Al Pacino in his second role so I thought I'd give it a shot. At this point I wouldn't recommend it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »

Matt Damon's last movie (I think)...The Great Wall

Calling it hot garbage would be underselling its rancidness. Aside from a few cool CGI monster effects, this movie had zero redeeming qualities.

Dishonorable mention: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, starring (ha!) Sons of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam.

I thought Hunnam could play a cool Arthur. I was wrong...so very wrong.

I agree about The Great Wall...terrible movie.

King Arthur I liked though.  You could tell it was a Guy Ritchie movie.  Not fantastic or anything, but entertaining.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 12:41:25 pm »

Here is the thing with me, I will not finish a movie I think sucks. I don't go to the theater unless I'm pretty sure I am going to enjoy it and will not go if I even think there is a possibility of it sucking.

Right now I started watching a movie I had a hard time getting into and likely will not go back to finish, so I will claim that one. It is The Panic in Needle Park. It stars Al Pacino in his second role so I thought I'd give it a shot. At this point I wouldn't recommend it.

That's me, I rarely finish the movie,but I don't even bother go to the theater,as most movies out don't seem to appeal to me anymore.I don't like most remakes,or most super heor movies,nor do I like crowds.

- The last movie that I turned off was (1964) Becket with Peter O'toole,and Richard Burton. I was bored,too tired,and probably shouldn't have even started it.I dozed off 3 times in the 1st hour,and said I'm not in the mood for this. I love Peter O'Toole,bt this one wasn't doing it for me...

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 04:00:26 pm »

I would say CHiPs was worse than the Great Wall or King Arthur.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 04:45:20 pm »

I can fully understand why all these movies have been named. I'll never watch any of them.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:28:46 pm »

Idk.  There are several bad movies I started watching and stopped 20 mins in.  Worst movie let down of my life was beaches.  I thought it was going to involve seeing good looking women in tiny bikinis.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray