Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:02:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Movie Review: The Cure for Wellness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Movie Review: The Cure for Wellness  (Read 1714 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: July 06, 2017, 04:31:57 pm »

Premise: Young, ambitious executive is sent to retrieve the CEO from a mysterious rehab/wellness center in the Swiss Alps to save a big merger and millions of dollars.

Our main character travels to a mysterious rehab/wellness center built on top of a castle burned by the peasants to rid themselves of an evil baron. Destroying the baron's home and his family over 200 years ago. The new center proclaims to have found the ‘cure’ in the waters below the property. This facility is where the CEO has self-admitted himself.

Every treatment involves water: drinking, soaking, bathing, transfusions. Old rich folks come from all over for treatment and end up never wanted to leave. We follow our main character as he tries to convince the CEO to return with him. Navigating through rumors about the baron, the treatment, suspicious nightly behaviors, random bodies disappearing, etc... Everything is covered up as the entire staff, and most of the local town are in on it, making our character begin to feel like he’s the crazy one.

Review: This movie was pretty good. It could have been better. There were too many ‘giveaways’. I would have preferred to have been as lost as the characters involved. Figuring it out with them instead of ahead of them. What’s real, what’s not. The random rumors about the baron, his family, incest, experimentations on peasants, bodies found by the river. Our journey of twists and turns to solve the mystery and find the truth led us to a scene that takes us full circle. The young exec becoming like the CEO he was sent to bring back. The movie should have ended here, leaving us with post viewing conversations similar to Inception or Shutter. Instead they add 20min to the 2hr runtime and give us an ending. Granted, i got to see boobs, but still, leaving us unaware and drawing our own conclusions would have been ideal.

It was a little slow moving overall, and gave away too many clues making it predictable, but it had the right intentions.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:37:07 pm »

Saw it in the theater. All I can say is: Long ass strange movie. The scene with the ells and tubes down the throat gave me the willys...

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:03:21 pm »

This one is on my want to watch list but I haven't rushed to see it because no one has given me any sort of review. I'm still going to check it out after this but still am not in a rush.
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 09:39:06 am »

This sat on my list for a little bit. I didn't feel the trailer did it justice in terms of exactly what I would be watching.

I did enjoy it. I like these movies where you try to put the pieces together and figure it out.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray