Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:35:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Men taking over Women's sports
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Men taking over Women's sports  (Read 18337 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2018, 09:28:32 am »

not necessarily... persecuted people have a higher suicide rate than the general population.

E.g. there was an elevated rate of suicide inside Japanese intermittent camps.  Suicide was common in nazi death camps and pow camps (committed by doing something that was known to get you shot, like running toward the fence)  It is not shocking that people who are unfairly labeled as mentally insane by much of the population are frequently driven to suicide. 
Suicide rates are higher than ever as well as acceptance among gays, lesbians and trans and yet they lead in percentage compared to other groups of people.  If it was "persecution" generated then their rates would be going down compared to past generations and sadly that isn't the case. This would seem to indicate that acceptance doesn't have much effect as to whether they feel stable.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2018, 10:47:11 am »

It's easier to make it a black/white issue where if you have a dick, you're a dude....I get it.  But it's a more gray, nuanced world than that, from the science of it.

It's absolutely more gray and nuanced from a humanity or a social perspective.  But I feel like when it comes to something like the law or sports, either you have to draw a line along mens' vs. womens' or we can take a different route and have intergender sports which is in most cases fine with me.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2018, 11:45:23 am »

^ Yes.  Pretty much.  Dealing with it in sports is different than dealing with it in life.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2018, 02:50:34 pm »

You are what you are. You can't change it, that's reality. If you want to imagine yourself as a rooster, a cat, or someone of the opposite sex, then you have a mental issue. The Boyscouts are for boys/people born with a penis. The woman's bathroom is for women/people born with a pussy.

Chicks with dicks and cunts with nuts. What the fuck is wrong with this country? Abnormal behavior is abnormal behavior.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2018, 02:55:17 pm »

You are what you are. You can't change it, that's reality. If you want to imagine yourself as a rooster, a cat, or someone of the opposite sex, then you have a mental issue. The Boyscouts are for boys/people born with a penis. The woman's bathroom is for women/people born with a pussy.

Chicks with dicks and cunts with nuts. What the fuck is wrong with this country? Abnormal behavior is abnormal behavior.

What about people born with both sex organs??
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2018, 05:12:04 pm »

What about people born with both sex organs??
What about them? I'm not talking about people with physical abnormalities or birth defects. I'm talking about Chad who was raised by a single mother and watched too much liberal brainwashing propaganda and now he thinks he's a girl and calls himself Cheryl and wants to fight MMA in the female matches. Or maybe Janet who insists that she's a boy and wants to join the Boy Scouts.

Your question does nothing but muddy the waters and deflect the issue. It's like fat people. Mostly they have no will power and are just lazy. But someone invariably comes along and attempts to condone why people are fat and poses the question. "What if they have a medical condition?" Most of America is fat, but most of America doesn't have a medical condition that causes it. Likewise, most people confused about whether they are male or female weren't born with both sex organs. They just have a mental illness.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2018, 07:24:06 am »

your core premise is incorrect. None of this is abnormal behavior. the fact that it occurs in nature is proof enough that it's "normal" for whatever you think normal is
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2018, 09:14:18 am »

your core premise is incorrect. None of this is abnormal behavior. the fact that it occurs in nature is proof enough that it's "normal" for whatever you think normal is
By your definition murder, rape and incest is perfectly normal and should be allowed.

Humans have this great ability to learn, rationalize and then control our impulses ... although social media and forums show that may not always be the case.  It is what separates us from animals.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2018, 11:23:25 am »

Humans have this great ability to learn, rationalize and then control our impulses ...

Some of us, anyway...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »

According to the dictionary, this behavior is NOT normal. It is not standard, usual, typical, or expected of a man to use the woman's bathroom. It is not standard, usual, typical, or expected for a girl to join the Boy Scouts. I mean shit, it's in the name - BOY Scouts. Just because anomalies happen in nature or life doesn't mean that they are normal. Some animals eat their young, would it be normal for humans to do that? These are mental health issues. Not addressing them as such is doing more harm than good. People should be told that they are acting abnormally instead of enabling their "weirdo" behavior.

Quote from: Dictionary
nor·mal
ˈnôrməl/Submit
adjective
1.conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
"it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food"
synonyms: usual, standard, ordinary, customary, conventional, habitual, accustomed, expected, wonted; More

noun
1.the usual, average, or typical state or condition.
"her temperature was above normal"

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2018, 08:03:01 pm »

I believe this conversation on normality has progressed to points that have already been covered before.  Furthermore, it is no longer about transsexual competition, but about the legitimacy of transsexuality itself.

Accordingly, I'm locking this thread.  Please create a new thread to discuss the validity of transsexuality if you wish to do so.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2019, 12:37:32 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/sport/transgender-boxer-everlast-trnd/index.html

This is different.  I am generally opposted to MtF competing against biological females, because of the unfair advantage.  However in this case you have someone who as a woman was at her top of her sport,  and as a male will be a marginal athlete.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2019, 12:53:40 pm »

I see no issue with trans or even females playing men's sport if they want but women's sports were created so that they had a fair chance at competing. Adding men or "used to be a man" takes that fair opportunity away.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2019, 01:00:33 pm »

I see no issue with trans or even females playing men's sport if they want but women's sports were created so that they had a fair chance at competing. Adding men or "used to be a man" takes that fair opportunity away.

Me too.  And while there have been females who competed against men (King, Zaharias, Kathrine Switzer, etc). To my knowledge this is the first transgender.  Also boxing is a contact sport unlike running, golf or tennis.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray