Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:05:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who is on your Dolpihns All Time Team?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Who is on your Dolpihns All Time Team?  (Read 3706 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:28:03 am »

If you could put together one Dolphins team of all-stars to play, who is in your starting line-up?

Offense

Quarterback: Dan Marino

Running back:Mercury Morris (Honorable mention to Ricky Williams who, outside of Barry Sanders, is the best running back I have ever seen in person)

Fullback: Larry Csonka

Wide receivers: Mark Clayton and Paul Warfield

Tight end: Jim Mandich although I could see a few others here.

Offensive tackles: Richmond Webb (should be in the HOF imo) and Norm Evans

Offensive guards: Larry Little and Bob Kuechenberg

Center: Dwight Stephenson w honorable mention to another HOFer .. Jim Langer

Defense

Defensive tackles: Manny Fernandez and Tim Bowens

Defensive ends: Jason Taylor and Bill Stanfill

Middle linebacker: Nick Buoniconti  (Honorable mention to Zach Thomas)

Outside linebackers: Bob Brudzinski and Bryan Cox

Cornerbacks: Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain

Safeties: Jake Scott and Dick Anderson

Kicker: Olindo Mare

Punter: Reggie Roby

Other

Special teams:
Jim "Crash" Jensen

Coach: Don Shula
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:37:00 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:59:21 am »

I love this question, CF.  I'm going to sit on my answers for a while, because most of mine are the same as yours.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:10:47 am »

I think many of us are going to come up with similar lists, so I'm just going to mention my changes

Running Back (Nat Moore played receiver): Ricky Williams
Receiver: Clayton & O.J. McDuffie (this may be my hardest category to pick)
Tight End: Bruce Hardy
Offensive Tackle: Webb & Jake Long (would have been really special if he had kicked the injury bug)

Defensive End: Taylor & Cameron Wake
Middle Linebacker: John Offerdahl (I chose his number on my personalized jersey)

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 12:36:43 pm »

I think many of us are going to come up with similar lists, so I'm just going to mention my changes

Running Back (Nat Moore played receiver): Ricky Williams

_Yes he did ... hahaha. I meant Mercury Morris but obviously I wanted to find a way to Nat in the game! Smiley

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 02:18:53 pm »

Most of my "different answers" are because I probably got to see the most games with them....
WR- Irving Fryer,O.J. Mcduffie,and Orande Gadsden
FB/Te - Keith Byars
DE- Marco Coleman-Cameron Wake
OLB/DE Jason Taylor
K-Pete Stoyanovich
DB - Patrick Surtain -Troy Vincent
Safety- Brock Marion- Initially I had Louis Oliver as my other safety,but I'm going with Reshad Jones

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:26:28 pm »

My one addition

Slot receiver: Wes Welker

Ya never should of let him go.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 04:27:07 pm »

My one addition

Not like it would have mattered...there was never anyone who could throw to him on MIA anyways.  At least form a Dolphins fan's perspective.  NE perspective, a little different.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 09:31:22 pm »

My one addition

I thought they had to because of a condition in the contract that would have guaranteed him an exorbitant amount of money if he played more than a few games in the state of Florida?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 02:22:19 am »

Here is mine so far.

QB:  Griese, the only Dolphins quarterback to have won a Super Bowl with the team.  This is staying consistent with my new direction.  Marino never won a Super Bowl, so he by default is not as good as Griese. 

RB:  Williams, who holds just about every Dolphins rushing record.

WR:  Mark Clayton and Mark Super Duper

K:  Jay Feeley, who had a good season in his one year with the team.  (Sorry, I can't give to it Olindo, "I can't make a field against the Patriots" Mare.)

DE:  Jason Taylor

MLB:  Zach Thomas

CB:  Patrick Surtain and Terrell Buckley.  (Remember the latter had 50 career interceptions)

Coach:  Not Shula, because that would be like giving a Business of the Year award to a business owner who exploited and mistreated his workers.  I give it to Wannestedt because he won a division, had two playoff appearances, and it's hard to think of a dumb decision he made in a game.  As for the bad drafts, well, hindsight is twenty-twenty.  Remember, Miami could have drafted the entire Patriots receiving corps AND Gronkowski. 

(Note, if you want to criticize this selection, I ask that you provide a specific example of a bad in-game decision that Wannestedt made)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:30:02 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 06:20:50 am »

Olindo Mare isn't the #1 Fins kicker of all time. Stoyovanich and Garo were both much better kickers
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 06:26:51 am »

My one addition

Holy crap talk about re-writing history. If Miami didn't trade him then they would have lost him and got nothing in return because of the "Poison Pill" Offer Sheet NE made.

Plus, how many rings did he win in NE? Right...none. But he did drop a game winning Super Bowl Catch and cost them a ring. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT6XziIQ5RI
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 09:26:39 am »

I thought they had to because of a condition in the contract that would have guaranteed him an exorbitant amount of money if he played more than a few games in the state of Florida?

That was withdrawn and Welker was traded. It seems even New England realized that was a dirty trick.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 09:29:20 am »

(Note, if you want to criticize this selection, I ask that you provide a specific example of a bad in-game decision that Wannestedt made)

This isn't a knock but to me it seems like you have an unusual memory. To most people this is like asking them what shoes you wore to your first day of school (unless you remember that as well).
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 11:53:34 am »

Here is mine so far.

QB:  Griese, the only Dolphins quarterback to have won a Super Bowl with the team.  This is staying consistent with my new direction.  Marino never won a Super Bowl, so he by default is not as good as Griese. 

RB:  Williams, who holds just about every Dolphins rushing record.

WR:  Mark Clayton and Mark Super Duper

K:  Jay Feeley, who had a good season in his one year with the team.  (Sorry, I can't give to it Olindo, "I can't make a field against the Patriots" Mare.)

DE:  Jason Taylor

MLB:  Zach Thomas

CB:  Patrick Surtain and Terrell Buckley.  (Remember the latter had 50 career interceptions)

Coach:  Not Shula, because that would be like giving a Business of the Year award to a business owner who exploited and mistreated his workers.  I give it to Wannestedt because he won a division, had two playoff appearances, and it's hard to think of a dumb decision he made in a game.  As for the bad drafts, well, hindsight is twenty-twenty.  Remember, Miami could have drafted the entire Patriots receiving corps AND Gronkowski. 

Where do I start?  You must be the only person alive who thinks Griese was a better QB than Marino, regardless of Superbowl wins.

Williams I agree with

Mark brothers, I agree with

I liked t-Buck, but he paled in comparison to Sam Madison

Feely doesn't even sniff top 3 kickers for the phins.  You could have picked Mare, Stoyovanich or Garo.

...and the big one...

Wannestedt....really?  The reason isn't he did anything 'wrong', it's just he didn't do anything 'right' either.  He had arguably the most talented roster in the NFL, and couldn't make it to a Superbowl because he was so overtly conservative.  He caused Ricky Williams to retire (he would have smoked his way out anyways, but you can still blame Dave for leaning on him waaaay too much).  He wouldn't even try to find a better QB than Fiedler.

....but you are entitled to your opinion, even as flawed as your logic is.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 12:22:33 pm »

I have never claimed the Dolphins mistake occurred at the time of the WW trade.  The fuck up was low balling a 2nd round RFA tender rather than a first round tender or a long term deal.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray