Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:35:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  OJ Out on Parole
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OJ Out on Parole  (Read 1848 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: July 20, 2017, 02:56:46 pm »

Thoughts?

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 03:00:58 pm »

I was just coming to post about this. They didn't have much of a reason not to and everyone was expecting it. He got away with murder though and that is the biggest thing for me.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 04:36:06 pm »

He should have been paroled earlier.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:31:31 am »

Weird situation, on lots of levels.

They screwed up the murder verdict.  There was enough evidence to convict, for sure.  But that doesn't matter when judging future things, since he was acquitted and you have to respect that.

In the theft trial, the judge overstepped and gave way too harsh a penalty, presumably as payback for the murder trial.  But that doesn't matter when judging the parole.

And having served a third of the sentence, considering his age and his good behavior, parole was the right call.

And even then, OJ's explanations show that he is not remorseful in the least and is still living in a fantasy land without taking any responsibility for the life he's lived.  He basically blames other people for things he does and doesn't recognize his violent past.  Even if he didn't get convicted of double murder (which he did), he definitely and verifiably beat the shit out of her for decades and hasn't seemed to come to terms with that yet.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 12:16:36 pm »

And having served a third of the sentence, considering his age and his good behavior, parole was the right call.

And even then, OJ's explanations show that he is not remorseful in the least

I always understood that taking personal responsibility for your crimes and committing to change your ways if released were as an important part of the analysis of whether parole was appropriate as behavior in prison.  Granted many are disingenuous when taking responsibility but that is usually required to get out early.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 01:00:24 pm »

Taking responsibility and showing remorse are different things. I listened to OJ speak and he takes some of the responsibility but was often pointing his finger at others as well.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 01:03:22 pm »

He should have been paroled earlier.

After watching clips of the parole hearing last night, maybe they should just leave him in there.  It must have been pretty much pre-determined that he would be released, because otherwise I can't see a parole board releasing him based on his interview.

Note: I heard this morning that showing "remorse" is not a necessary factor in Nevada for granting parole.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 02:42:41 pm »

They basically use this checklist to make it an objective process.

http://parole.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/parolenvgov/content/Information/NV_ParoleRiskAssessmentForm.pdf
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 12:03:37 am »

For his sake and everyone else's, I hope he lives a quiet life out of the public eye

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray