Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Dolphins Ranked #3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Ranked #3  (Read 1582 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: July 27, 2017, 10:38:03 am »

Article -> http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20164155/nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-running-backs-wide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

I'm a Giants fan and won't even mention them to prevent any 'homer-ism', but really... #3?  I would put the Pack, Raiders, Falcons and even the Cowboys above them.. probably even more..

Thoughts?

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

I have to agree that this ranking is too high. Parker hasn't shown yet that he can live up to his potential but I'm not giving up on him yet.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 12:52:54 pm »

Well this ranking specifically EXCLUDES the influence of QB, O-Line, and Offensive coordinator.  So, I really don't think it's that off; Miami has a great group of receivers and RB's.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 01:49:38 pm »

Article -> http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20164155/nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-running-backs-wide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

I'm a Giants fan and won't even mention them to prevent any 'homer-ism', but really... #3?  I would put the Pack, Raiders, Falcons and even the Cowboys above them.. probably even more..

Thoughts?
The Cowboys? Granted they have Zeke, but beyond that there's not much meat on that bone. They look better on paper then they do on the field. It's been a while since Dez looked like an elite receiver and Witten's best days are long gone. Dez could come around but Witten won't and I don't really see anyone else on their roster that impresses much. Don't sleep on Anthony Fasano either. Although he hasn't been used as a pass catching TE much he still has good hands and runs good routes and he's the best in the league blocking which will help in the run game. He's also going to be targeted in the red zone. I expect to see him catch at least 3 or 4 TD's despite not having many catches overall.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:54:45 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 04:07:53 pm »

giants at #20 and dolphins at #3 seem about right to me .. we are just that much better than the giants
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 04:29:24 pm »

I wonder what team got the number one spot........ Tongue

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 09:14:45 pm »

#3 is right. The Dolphins skill position players are top notch. Stills was a #3 WR last year with 9 TD's. Few teams get that much production out of a #3 WR.

Ajayi was a beast. Landry is a stud. Parker entering year 3 which is the year most WR's break out from history.  And oh yeah all of these guys are young....really young and will only get better.

#3 is right on.  Not 1 team below them I would rank higher and I would love to see a case be made for one. Atlanta and Dallas does not have the WR depth Miami has. Cincy has a lot of injured guys or guys who are always injured. Same with the Chargers. Raiders don't have a RB on Ajayi's level.  If Miami isn't #3 then someone has to make a strong case for who is and there isn't a team with a case to be made.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 08:52:01 am »

I don't have any problem with this ranking, and probably would have considered their skill position group to be in the #3-#5 area anyway. Young and ridiculously athletic with no real distraction-divas...yeah, I'll take that. That rank would obviously drop a bit if we were factoring in the O-line though.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray