Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:48:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  If Tanny can't go, I'd want:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Poll
Question: If Tanny can't go, I'd want:
Colin Kaepernick   -6 (28.6%)
Jay Cutler   -3 (14.3%)
Tony Romo   -3 (14.3%)
Matt Moore   -9 (42.9%)
Other   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: If Tanny can't go, I'd want:  (Read 6806 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 03, 2017, 01:13:34 pm »

Where would you like us to go if Tanny is out for majority of the season?

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »

Where would you like us to go if Tanny is out for majority of the season?
Matt Moore I guess, he's earned it. And there's a reason they keep him around. I wouldn't want Colin Kaepernick or Jay Cutler under any circumstances. Romo is an interesting proposition though. They would need to sign someone else  if Tannehill can't play.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 02:17:38 pm »

As far as I'm concerned there is no other choice than Moore.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »

Moore...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:08 pm »

It Depends how long Tannehill is out,and How much would someone else cost.

If Tannehill be back before midseason,Go with Matt Moore,take flyer guy that gets waved as a back up.

If gone for the season,Fuck it,take someone that can learn quickly,and do want we want Cheap.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 02:35:31 pm »

Romo 100% and it's not even close.

Moore sucks, Cutler is retired and sucks and Kaepernick praising Castro may not go over too well in Miami.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 02:37:12 pm »

Moore's ceiling isn't high enough.  I'd go with Romo if they could land him. The guy is a good QB and still had gas in the tank when he got pushed out. If he gets hurt then you still have Moore but at least Romo would give you a legitimate shot.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Matrix7637

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 02:44:08 pm »

Moore's ceiling isn't high enough.  I'd go with Romo if they could land him. The guy is a good QB and still had gas in the tank when he got pushed out. If he gets hurt then you still have Moore but at least Romo would give you a legitimate shot.

Romo would be interesting but I don't think he's going to be an option but stranger things have happened.  CBS wrote him a big check and bumped Phil Simms out for him.  I think if he went back to football it might burn a bridge with the broadcasting community if he wanted to come back.

What would life be if we lacked the courage to attempt anything?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 02:47:54 pm »

I don't think Romo is a realistic option either.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »

Romo is at least as "retired" as Cutler.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 07:19:21 pm »

I'm sure Belicheat would trade us the unproven Garrapolo for the Dolphins' 1st round pick in the next four drafts; as I'm sure this is exactly the type of situation Belicheat was hoping for.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 11:42:32 pm »

Colin come to Mia

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 05:13:04 am »

I would go nowhere. The season is over in regards to playoffs or anything like that. Just play it out and start scouting QB's for next april's draft. Don't do something stupid like Minnesota did last year and give up a 1st rounder for a marginal Qb or go sign some guy who has retired and done nothing in months.

Write off the season and just plan for 2018.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 05:14:56 am »

As far as I'm concerned there is no other choice than Moore.

Miami still needs to sign someone as Doughty isn't a #2 QB in this league and has been so bad the first week of practice he will probably be out of this league in a month.

It's not about Moore being the #1 at this point, it's who is the #2 cause Moore probably can't stay healthy for 16 games or will have a stretch where he turns into that turnover machine that you need to take out of a game
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 10:17:03 am »

Miami still needs to sign someone as Doughty isn't a #2 QB in this league and has been so bad the first week of practice he will probably be out of this league in a month.

It's not about Moore being the #1 at this point, it's who is the #2 cause Moore probably can't stay healthy for 16 games or will have a stretch where he turns into that turnover machine that you need to take out of a game

Who is number two wasn't the question I answered. It is if Tanneyhill can't go, who do you want. That said, I don't like Doughty as #2 either but unless you have the luck of New England, if you get to playing what is essentially a third QB it really doesn't matter who Miami puts out there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray