Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:53:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  If Tanny can't go, I'd want:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Poll
Question: If Tanny can't go, I'd want:
Colin Kaepernick   -6 (28.6%)
Jay Cutler   -3 (14.3%)
Tony Romo   -3 (14.3%)
Matt Moore   -9 (42.9%)
Other   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: If Tanny can't go, I'd want:  (Read 6832 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 10:22:00 am »

I think Kaepernick would be my choice.  I just think that Romo and Cutler are too far removed from the game.  Cutler is an interesting choice because of the history, but I think that a lot of that is played up by the media.  Also, Kaep is a running QB and you can "cheat" the timeline a little bit because he can make plays with his feet.

Moore is fine as a week to week backup, but I think you probably need a long-term answer if we're talking about the year.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 10:44:42 am »

I like the 4 1st round picks for JG idea.

I think CK is the dolphins best opition and Ross is on record he doesnt have a problem with peaceful protests

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 11:00:09 am »

I think this whole "take a knee" protest situation has made folks forget one very important detail about Colin Kaepernick...

HE SUCKS AS A QB!

Everyone reading this post has the ability to put more touch on a pass than Kaepernick. Sure, he can run, but he just can't pass very well. Colin has one throw in his arsenal, the grip-it-and-rip-it fastball to whoever is the first read in his progression.

Take it from a 49ers fan. Save yourself the aggravation and just go with "anyone" else. You'll thank me later...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 11:22:24 am »

I don't love Kaep as a player...never have.  I just think that running guys are a better one-year fix than dragging old pocket-passers out of retirement.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 11:33:25 am »

I think this whole "take a knee" protest situation has made folks forget one very important detail about Colin Kaepernick...

HE SUCKS AS A QB!

Everyone reading this post has the ability to put more touch on a pass than Kaepernick. Sure, he can run, but he just can't pass very well. Colin has one throw in his arsenal, the grip-it-and-rip-it fastball to whoever is the first read in his progression.

Take it from a 49ers fan. Save yourself the aggravation and just go with "anyone" else. You'll thank me later...

Ding, ding, ding
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 12:02:19 pm »

1. Tony Romo
2. Jay Cutler
3. Matt Moore
4. Kaep
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 12:39:27 pm »

I like the 4 1st round picks for JG idea.

I think CK is the dolphins best opition and Ross is on record he doesnt have a problem with peaceful protests

In Miami it's not just the peaceful protest thing, it's the Fidel Castro support via the stupid interview he gave Armando last year.

In all seriousness, there's no chance Romo is returning to football.  I heard Cutler wanted starting QB money, if that's the case forget him.  In addition to Kaep's non-football issues, I'll trust Stroke when he says to avoid Kaep.  Moore is capable enough to start, Miami just needs to bring in a backup with some experience, maybe poach Fitzpatrick from the Bucs (this is an odd year so he is due to play well this year).
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 12:42:38 pm »

Moore is a temporary fill-in, not a starting QB.  If he is your Week 1 starter, your season is done.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 12:48:29 pm »

Moore is a temporary fill-in, not a starting QB.  If he is your Week 1 starter, your season is done.

Moore is not a franchise QB, but let me tell you a story about a young man named Earl Morrall ....no one thought that he would be an integral part of the only undefeated team in NFL history.   Cheesy
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 01:09:09 pm »

Why don't you weigh in on who your choice would be? It's fairly easy to sit and poke at everyone else's position when you don't publicly make one yourself.

I dare say Miami's season is already over if any of the people named in this thread are the week 1 starter anyway.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:43:53 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 01:53:55 pm »

I just hate this sort of fatalistic outlook... Miami has an outstanding running game, a wealth of receiving targets to keep opposing defenses honest, and they added solid talent via the draft and FA to their defense and their O-line. Would Miami be better with Tannehill under center? Of course, but the season isn't "done" if Miami has someone else taking snaps.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 02:05:51 pm »

For the record, I chose Moore in the poll.  So that should give you an idea of my expectations for 2017.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 02:18:31 pm »

I just hate this sort of fatalistic outlook... Miami has an outstanding running game, a wealth of receiving targets to keep opposing defenses honest, and they added solid talent via the draft and FA to their defense and their O-line. Would Miami be better with Tannehill under center? Of course, but the season isn't "done" if Miami has someone else taking snaps.

Here's the thing, Miami is also in the absolute toughest division to win in the NFL. That means that they are battling for one of two wild card spots every year rather than just one of six playoff spots.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 02:28:06 pm »

(for me) Combo platter of Bushrod,and now the torn biceps of guard Ted Larson,makes me think the o-line might be in flux. (no I don't have faith in Pouncey to stay healthy either.)

I'm seeing ton more Cutler smoke being reported,than anyone.I've been getting pummeled by family members about the shit I've given them,about how bad Cutler sucks ass with the Bears. Embarrassed

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 03:17:06 pm »

I don't understand the desire for Cutler.  He's old, he's not very good, and his relationship with Gates is years out.  And isn't he kinda cancerous?  It just seems like a really odd choice.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray