Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:09:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  If Tanny can't go, I'd want:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Poll
Question: If Tanny can't go, I'd want:
Colin Kaepernick   -6 (28.6%)
Jay Cutler   -3 (14.3%)
Tony Romo   -3 (14.3%)
Matt Moore   -9 (42.9%)
Other   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: If Tanny can't go, I'd want:  (Read 6840 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 04:17:22 pm »

I want to make this clear, I'm NOT advocating for Cutler...I hate him...

@JeffDarlington: One interesting aspect of Dolphins-Cutler contact: It was actually Cutler's camp who initiated with team yesterday. Still nothing imminent.

@JeffDarlington: Dolphins will continue to take time with Tannehill, which def means nothing imminent with Cutler. But no doubt, this is the one to watch.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 08:23:14 pm »

I don't understand the desire for Cutler.  He's old, he's not very good, and his relationship with Gates is years out.  And isn't he kinda cancerous?  It just seems like a really odd choice.
He's 34. Brady is 40. Just sayin'. Pretty much everyone outside of Miami thinks Tannehill is nothing special. He kept in contact with Gase even after Gase came to Miami and Cutler had his best year as a pro in 2015 when Gase was the offensive coordinator.

Honestly I think the biggest knock on Cutler has been his durability. He hasn't started all 16 games in any season since 2009 although he has had 4 seasons since then with 15 games, so I'm not really sure that's something to worry about either.

Full disclosure, I'm the one who voted for Cutler.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 08:43:12 pm »

I have no dog in this fight but Cutler would be your best choice at this point.   He's familiar with Gase's system and can step right in and win some games

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 08:56:46 pm »

Moore is not a franchise QB, but let me tell you a story about a young man named Earl Morrall ....no one thought that he would be an integral part of the only undefeated team in NFL history.   Cheesy

It was also an era where you only needed a QB to throw 10 passes a game and if completed 5 or 6 you could still win in a blowout. Plus he had a hall of fame fullback running the ball behind hall of fame offensive linemen. In 2017 Miami doesn't have that. Moore isn't Morall.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 09:03:37 pm »

I don't understand the desire for Cutler.  He's old, he's not very good, and his relationship with Gates is years out.  And isn't he kinda cancerous?  It just seems like a really odd choice.

The not very good thing just isn't true. He has put up numbers and most years has done it with nothing around him.  How is he cancerous? Give one example because you can't site one.  Just because he doesn't smile or seem like he is having fun? That doesn't mean a thing.

1) He knows the offense already and has played for Gase.
2) Gase clearly likes him and is close to him to the point Gase who only coached him for 1 year, left his house, got on a plane and  traveled to his retirement party.
3) I trust Gase when it comes to QB's more than you
4) Tom Brady is 40 and Jay Cutler is 34....is he really that old? REALLY? REALLY?!?
5) His relationship with Gase is years out? Try less than 20 months....really not that long hardly "years out" making it sound like Gase coaches him back in 2010 or something.
6) Also saying Cutler is not very good, look he isn't going to Canton but he is good. Career 85% passer rating. Completion % of around 62%. Led a team to an NFC Title game. Made a pro bowl. Like I said he isn't going to Canton anytime soon but he is "good." I mean honestly I like Tannehill and Cutler is on the level of Tannehill. They are close when it comes to who they are as QB's. Ranked 10-15 in the league on the list of current QB's and in the same ballpark.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 11:21:32 pm »

With Ryan Tannehill's status seriously in question, the Miami Dolphins and Cutler's representation have discussed a potential deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources informed. Nothing has been agreed upon, but Cutler is Miami's top choice, Rapoport added.

So .... it appears we may be looking to Cutler soon. At least that will put another pretty blonde in the stands as he is married to Kristin Cavallari.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 11:54:41 pm »

Only in Miami, do people actually say things like,

"Oh my, a quarterback who has consistently proven he cannot win is injured, what do we do now?"

Then, when a quarterback proves he CAN win (I say Moore was actually 3-1 last season, not 2-1; I think quarterback victories should work the same way pitching victories in baseball work), we say, "He cannot get the job done for us.

I wonder if other teams look at us and laugh at us.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 11:57:32 pm »

I think this whole "take a knee" protest situation has made folks forget one very important detail about Colin Kaepernick...

HE SUCKS AS A QB!

Everyone reading this post has the ability to put more touch on a pass than Kaepernick. Sure, he can run, but he just can't pass very well. Colin has one throw in his arsenal, the grip-it-and-rip-it fastball to whoever is the first read in his progression.

Take it from a 49ers fan. Save yourself the aggravation and just go with "anyone" else. You'll thank me later...

Why do you say he sucks as a quarterback?

He is a proven winner.

Tannehill has never even taken a team to the playoffs

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2017, 12:51:30 am »

Why do you say he sucks as a quarterback?

He is a proven winner.

Tannehill has never even taken a team to the playoffs

Matt Moore has never takent a team to the playoffs either!!!!! (BANG HEAD INTO WALL). Actually last year who led Miami to the playoffs, the guy who led the Fins to 8 wins or the guy who led them to 2 wins late in the year vs a Jets team that had zero talent and was starting a rookie QB for the first time and a Bills team that quit cause they hated their head coach? Miami made the playoffs cause Tannehill won them 8 games and put them in a spot where any QB could have won those final 2 games vs awful teams. So in fact Tannehill did LEAD MIAMI TO THE PLAYOFFS IN 2016!

If Matt Moore is so good how come no other team tries to sign him when he is a free agent? How come the last 2 Miami head coaches (Philbin and Gase) have picked Tannehill over Moore? If Moore is so good he would excel in training camp and practice and just take the job. Gase didn't draft Tannehill he has no ties to him. Philbin didn't even like Tannehill we found out and he had the power to bench him at any time.  If Moore is so scary good wouldn't they have started him over Tannehill at some point in 4 friggin years? I mean coaches don't like getting fired they want to win games. There are other GM's around the league who have no quarterbacks at all on their roster that have done anything ever currently (Jets, Cleveland, SF...etc) and others have been in the same boat since what 2011 yet every time Moore has been a free agent no team has offered to make him their #1 QB? Let alone offered him enough money to be a #2 with a shot to be a #1.

Stop with this "Matt Moore is some scary talent that nobody is seeing." Not one head coach or GM has ever said I need Matt Moore on my team starting games.

Use a little common sense.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:53:50 am by Baba Booey » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2017, 12:54:17 am »

If Matt Moore is so good how come no other team tries to sign him when he is a free agent? How come the last 2 Miami head coaches (Philbin and Gase) have picked Tannehill over Moore? If Moore is so good he would excel in training camp and practice and just take the job. Gase didn't draft Tannehill he has no ties to him. Philbin didn't even like Tannehill we found out and he had the power to bench him at any time.  If Moore is so scary good wouldn't they have started him over Tannehill at some point in 4 friggin years? I mean coaches don't like getting fired they want to win games. There are other GM's around the league who have no quarterbacks at all on their roster that have done anything ever currently (Jets, Cleveland, SF...etc) and others have been in the same boat since what 2011 yet every time Moore has been a free agent no team has offered to make him their #1 QB? Let alone offered him enough money to be a #2 with a shot to be a #1.

Stop with this "Matt Moore is some scary talent that nobody is seeing." Not one head coach or GM has ever said I need Matt Moore on my team starting games.

Use a little common sense.

Coaches don't like getting fired?

IDK about you but if getting fired for me meant getting a couple million dollars free each year for a couple years, that sounds awesome.

Don't take my words out of context.  I am not saying that Moore is the next Troy Aikman or Trent Dilfer.  I just think he is a very good quarterback who can win games for the Dolphins.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:22:30 am by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2017, 12:56:07 am »

Here's the thing, Miami is also in the absolute toughest division to win in the NFL. That means that they are battling for one of two wild card spots every year rather than just one of six playoff spots.

This has actually worked out to Miami's favor the last couple years, as the Patriots have defeated Miami's wild card opponents.

Last year Miami finally could take advantage of it.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2017, 12:57:29 am »

Coaches don't like getting fired?

IDK about you but if getting fired for me meant getting a couple million dollars free each year for a couple years, that sounds awesome.

Don't take my words out of context.  I am not saying that Tannehill is the next Troy Aikman or Trent Dilfer.  I just think he is a very good quarterback who can win games for the Dolphins.

WTF are you talking about? Tannehill is not the next Troy Aikman or Trent Dilfer? WTF does that even mean?

And NFL head coaches like getting fired cause they get paid? NEWSFLASH they get paid more if they win and don't get fired.

I tag out. Anyone else who wants to respond to these posts....God's Speed! Cause they are literally off the wall and make no sense at all.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2017, 03:34:05 pm »

Jeff Darlington is just tweeted a few interesting tweets..
@JeffDarlington: As Cutler continues contemplating a return to football this weekend after talks with Gase, he is now leaning heavily toward staying retired.

@JeffDarlington: I’m told Cutler is giving this a long, hard look because this situation was literally the only scenario he thought could pull him back in.

@JeffDarlington: But even with potential to play for Gase and a solid supporting cast, if Tannehill needs surgery, it’s looking like it still won’t sway him.

@JeffDarlington: I just wouldn’t fully close door because (a) Cutler isn’t 100.0 percent sure, (b) Gase is one convincing dude if goes into sales-pitch mode.

So take that for what you want...

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2017, 09:08:01 pm »

Jeff Darlington is just tweeted a few interesting tweets..
@JeffDarlington: As Cutler continues contemplating a return to football this weekend after talks with Gase, he is now leaning heavily toward staying retired.

@JeffDarlington: I’m told Cutler is giving this a long, hard look because this situation was literally the only scenario he thought could pull him back in.

@JeffDarlington: But even with potential to play for Gase and a solid supporting cast, if Tannehill needs surgery, it’s looking like it still won’t sway him.

@JeffDarlington: I just wouldn’t fully close door because (a) Cutler isn’t 100.0 percent sure, (b) Gase is one convincing dude if goes into sales-pitch mode.

So take that for what you want...
Gase said something along the lines of Cutler isn't speaking with anyone and if he had any change of heart he would call him (Gase). Basicly said any reports from reporters claiming anything Cutler said or is doing is fake news.

Edited to add Gase's quotes ...

Gase also doesn’t buy any reports on where Cutler stands, because he doesn’t think Cutler would relay those thoughts to reporters.

“I know this: The comments about him in the media–it’s not like he’s talking to anybody,” Gase said. “I know that, because that’s not who he is. If he’s got something to say, he’ll talk to me. I know we had a good conversation and I know where everything stands with that.”
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:10:52 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 10:26:08 pm »

With Tanny the Dolphins most likely end result for the season was 2nd place in the division and missing the playoffs.  Without Tanny the Dolphins most likely end result for the season is still 2nd place in division

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray